1.4 ecu sport + same as james's

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
can it be remaped fella as i will be gettin some cams very soon(the weekend lol) and want to use them to the full potential along with the injectors when i get them just need to know if its possible or is there something else i need like a stand alone ecu or something holla back cheers ken

Omex 600 ecu on one of these they are loooovvvveely, can use all the oem sensors too :)

how much do they cost then mate and is it easy to install also where can i get one from lol

if im gettin the cams off mat humphries that are made for my car then will i need anything else like new shims etc also if i was going to use 1.6 injectors would i need a 1.6 throttle body as well

if im gettin the cams off mat humphries that are made for my car then will i need anything else like new shims etc also if i was going to use 1.6 injectors would i need a 1.6 throttle body as well

kenny

you probably will need some shims, you have to fit the cams first, then measure the clearances, then you,ll know what size to order (£6 odd each, from nissan).
i would go for the 1.6 t/b ,it,s 50mm dia (5mm bigger)

how much do they cost then mate and is it easy to install also where can i get one from lol

I can supply the ecu if you wish BUT its not an install for the feint-hearted. Its a full on rip out of old car loom and re-wire to do it properly, and thats before the setup. Your injectors are not the same as a normal K11, they are end fed and it is possible to use any end feed injectors with a modification to the fuel rail.

As for airflow meter, that becomes irrelevant. Omex uses a MAP sensor, not a MAF, so the OEM MAF is not used any more.

As for shims they should be within the nissan tolerances, but you cannot measure that until the new cams are fitted.

Ed

ah ok so ither way im screwed lol this is going to cost a fair bit i take it then. Would i be best off coming down to see you with my car and you can do all of the work,(saying you are the guru of the msc ), for me and by the loom what do you mean exactly mate, like all of the wires from under the carpet into the back of the clocks etc or just the engine bay side of the loom or the plug side of it. How much do you think its going to cost roughly so i can start saving lol

Rough guide your looking at about £1200 in tuning on r/r. IMO best thing you can do. Literally ANY mod after is just bolt on and retune (even turbos)

does the Omex replace the ECU or run in parallel?

do you modify just the engine loom or do you need to get at the whole loom?

Come on Nex wake up!! You totally drop the stock management :) and build a new loom for the engine.

Come on Nex wake up!! You totally drop the stock management :) and build a new loom for the engine.

lol ok fair enough, but you can still use the existing factory sensors yea? so its just a case of chopping off the stock ECU plug and wiring it up to the Omex?

can this be done outside the car? and how much would this cost? because i am working on the loom for my car and i have it all out of the car and stripped with none of that horrible black tape on it, and obviously that would be the best time to wire in the ECU but the loom wont be in a running car for a while so it would have to be installed for now, and then tested and mapped later when the car is more complete.

No they are used differently so its simpler to make an entirely separate loom.

Your looking at about £1200 supply and fit.

ok, how much work has to be done to modifying the existing car loom? could I buy the prebuilt engine loom with the ECU and then wire it into the loom i have built for the rest of the car?

Nex I am afraid you will have to do your own research on that one. I don't have the time to list all the minor details, you'll have to get the K11 loom diagrams and Omex ones and work it out, I'm not going to do that for you!

Nex I am afraid you will have to do your own research on that one. I don't have the time to list all the minor details, you'll have to get the K11 loom diagrams and Omex ones and work it out, I'm not going to do that for you!

fair dos, thanks for your help mate, i may be contacting you in the future to give all that a go once i have researched it a little better

TBH Its very easily done. ECU is around £700 give or take + fitting + tuning + Dyno. Easily done. In fact that's the 'budget end' of aftermaket ECU's

TBH Its very easily done. ECU is around £700 give or take + fitting + tuning + Dyno. Easily done. In fact that's the 'budget end' of aftermaket ECU's
Why so expensive?

Surely after the work is done in programming the one, it's not that expensive to make copies of the first one. o_O

Um no, every car is different, from my point of view money is lost on the first one too due to the initial time to set it all up.

Its not uncommon to spend upwards of 3K on an after maket ecu when fitted mapped etc, especially when more options are added.

Its really not that expensive either. Its the single most important part of the car, and your guaranteed failure if its not done right.

What? lol what equipment outlay, id hardly call any of it 'cheap'. Were talking face lift K11 with coil packs here..

There isnt a best cam it varies depending on what you want to use it for.

Ed's the man! seen him put the emanage into the st for me and I'm sure his eye's were closed throughout the whole thing lol

Back