1.3 TURBO K11 (Mr.Grassie's Car)

It was me that put it out.

What happened was I was waiting in a line for a trafic circle, and the guy in the car behind me starts peeping his horn, and flashing his lights. I stuck my head out of the window to hear him shout YOUR LEAKING SOMETHING! fair enough i think, and turn round, only to see huge flames come out from all sides of the bonnet.

WWHHHHHHHHHHHAAATTTTTTTTTHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(try and fit as many hysterical swear words into a 10 second sentence)

grabbed the fire extigusher from in the car, popped the bonnet, and let rip. the extingisher lasted all of five seconds and covered everything in a cloud of fine white dust. no use, fire still blazing.

so i dropped the hood, only to hear the same guy in the car behing shout run away its going to blow up. I politely replied that its not an entirely standard machine, and that it has a considerable amount of rather expensive modifications currently aflame under there. and asked if he had a fire extingisher i could borrow.

just then, a guy in a wheelie bin cleaning van pulls up and says he has a jet wash in the back. I turned off the ignition to swich off the fuel pump (wasnt helping) turned the jet wash on it and put it out rather quickly.

firies turned up 20 mins later, poked at the chared mess with a biro and went off just as quick.

its now layed up on my drive awaiting total strip down and rebuild.

i bet u was rarther scared when the fire extinguiser DIDNT do what its supposed to do :S

sorry to hear this, if its fixable then thats better than not fixable

Engine is out, did it yesterday, and all the crispy bits have been removed.

She needs the following:

complete loom, wiper motor, wiper motor relay, carbon tank, oil cache tank and filter, radiator tank, battery, fuse and relay boxes, a cv boot, speedo cable, cluch cable, four injectors (1.6), fuel pressure regulator (fse), heater hoses, fuel pipes, fuel filter, distribtor including ht leads, brake fluid filler cap, one way valve on breke vacume line, an air filter, windscreen washers, and a bonnet respray.

Shouldnt take too long i dont think. anyone got a donor car in or near dundee?

And no, im not selling the turbo kit. This car will be born again hard by the time im finished with it.

planning new paint job including tastefull graphics, new clutch, and an optimax snorting rabid monster of an engine under the bonnet.

watch this space.

Back