1.3 TURBO K11 (Mr.Grassie's Car)

M

mr.grassie

Well the time has come, and she is now up for sale.

This car started as a 1995 (N) registered 1.3 lx 2dr Micra. it had an airbag and a sunroof as standard and is in dark red.

since I have owned it I have carried out the following modifications:

Garrett T2 hybrid Turbocharger and Custom Manifold
Forge front mounted Intercooler
Apexi SAFC II
2mm custom head/block spacer plate
2.5" full custom exhaust system including hi-flow cat
10cm slash cut stainless backbox
Walbro 255 fuel pump
1.6 Primera SPI Injectors
Boost Bleed Valve
Pirtec Custom 200psi Stainless Braided Oil Lines
Jaz Motorsport Dump valve
Samco boost hoses with alloy connectors
Fse Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator
Jas Motorsport Oil Breather System and Sump Return
Apiro enclosed air filter with cold air feed
Hyundi Accent NV Radiator and Fan (approx 2 thirds bigger than Micra Rad, and fan much is much much better too)
Cooling Fan Override switch (inside cab)
Ecotec Valve
Team Dynamics 'Diablo' 15" alloys in gun metal
Kumho Supra 195/45/15 rubber
Pi springs lowering 30mm
Sony CDX500 cd player

This car currently has 6 months mot and 6 months tax.

She will cover a standing quarter mile in 15.4 (approx the same as a Civic type R and stock s13 200sx)

The bodywork is perfect and the car has been well looked after, and i think its fair to ask for £2500

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected]

I can then send you any photos and info you may want.

Please no time wasters, I want to sell this car within the next month.

If only I had £2500 and could afford to insure it, seen it at the Scottish Meet and it was mint, sounds amazing too.

Good luck with the sale mate.

mmmmmmm very nice car, personally i think thats a bargain because all the work has been done :) i would love to see picture of it anyway if its possible.

hmmm got the money you want right here.... just depends on insurance, i would be tempted with this to finish it off great :)

Or if Ian doesnt want it, I'll buy it, and just put him on the insurance so he can still get his jollies. plus im closer for pick up :p might be a delay of a fortnight or so while my cheque comes through

The milage is 62676.

And thanks for the support guys.

Email me to confirm any genuine offers.

i was wanting to buy this car tho no insurance provider would touch a 19 yr old-lol

ian, i was in this car at the last scottish meet and it was totally AMAZING i jus didn stop smiling for hours n i was only who got out in it so was cool :D

i really recommend this car its is tottaly mint like andy says it is well body as engine is heavily modded and is so strong at pulling :D

please buy :D-lol

I'd be really interested, but at the moment i really don't have the funds. Look into Insurance and it wasn't that bad actually!

Will be in contact mate :)

he has sorted the radiator and has fited an override switch for it, i believe the radiator is from a 2.2 honda not sure the make now, it also has just had a new clutch

:D

I cant believe the insurance said that Ian! I was insured on the ST at 21, ok so it was like £1500.. but it was possible, Its £480 now :>

like everyones machines, its not without its little problems.

i wil be as honest as possible, and explain all i know is not perfect at this exact point in time.

1. the clutch. about three weeks ago, i managed to break a cluch spring on the stock cluch that was in it. i needed the car back on the road asap as its my daily transport, so i fitted a spare one i had lying in my garage. unfortunately the one i put in was a used one too, and quite worn, it works, but slips a little when boosted hard. a new cluch is £65 aprox. The stock clutch works perfectly well in this car with the power its putting out. however if the new owner wanted to upgrade (something i never got round to doing) then they have an excuse to do so.

2. the exhaust has a little leak. nothing major, and to be honest i will probably have it fixed some time this week. its not through rust or anything, its at a join between two sections.

3. the cooling system used to have some issues, but i have upgraded the radiator and fan with parts from the Hyundi accent MVI (the sporty one) its easily fitted by the way, the fan is much stronger than the stock micra one, and the radiator its self is about 2 thirds bigger. i have also fitted a swich so that the fan can be swiched on manually as well as by the thermostat when needed. iv done about 200 miles since fitting these, and no problems to report as yet.

And thats it. Other than what i have listed above, she is in really really good condition.

oh, except from a little 'kerbing' on one of my alloys, and a little paint flake on another. this was the price i payed for giving my (now ex) girlfriend a shot to nip down to the shops.

now we all want to know if she's your ex for kerbing your wheel lol

youve done all the work yourself havnt you, sounds like a nice job

She is not my ex because she kerb'd one of my alloys, that would have been a little harsh I think.

All the work has been done by myself yes. and I have painstakingly made sure that the work was done to the highest standard I can possibly manage.

No corners have been cut, there are no 'bodged' bits. Everything was done to a standard that I was happy with. happy to drive on the road, and happy to race.

My plan was to make a car that could be driven everyday without any problems, and if I wanted to go fast, it would.

She doesn’t use any oil, she doesn’t rattle or knock, the turbo doesn’t smoke, its reasonably low mileage there is plenty of meat left on the tyres and the breaks.

if the next owner put her in somewhere to get a clutch fitted (or DIY), and kept an eye on the cooling system for the next couple of weeks to make sure its working properly (which I’m sure it is, or I wouldn’t have done it, its just its a new mod, and want to make sure it works well) then they would have a very reliable, very powerful little car.

to be honest with you guys, she is my pride and joy, and I will be very upset to see her go. but I do have very pressing very genuine matters which require me to raise this much cash at short notice.

This is not a lemon. It’s my little baby.

just an little update, iv been running her about more than normal in an atempt to see if she will heat up.

She is not. the cooling system seems to be working better than i anticipated.

Another little bonus.

only issue is a cluch that slips a little (and its only when you go for full boost in 4th and 5th, and even then it only slips for a second then it grips)

this would be fixed with a new standard cluch.

Exhaust now fixed and cooling system working flawlesly.

just needs another clutch.

Any takers?

is the car regirsted as a 1.3 turbo or cud u insure it as jus a 1.3 micra? how much did it cost 4 the turbo conversion?

The car is insured as a 1.3 turbo.

The insurance companies need to know about the wheels, the air filter, the turbo, the exhaust, and the lowering springs, the rest would just confuse them, besides the other parts are not exactly performance enhancing, you just need them to make the turbo work without melting a piston.

The total cost of all of the mods i have listed on the first page of this thread (not including the price of the stock car) is aprox £2800 and almost all of them are needed if you dont want to experience the joys of buying a replacement engine.

hockey pockey, online quote from performance direct was £821 a year. so i thought wow thats low, ring them up. so rang them, had a five minute argument with the retarded cockney git that yes, actually, you can put a turbo on a micra, then got quoted £1700. stupid insurance

Layla

I’m £240 tpft through tesco.

you see there is a little trick...as I said, tell them all about all of the listed modifications, but when it comes to the bit about what percentage of performance increase the turbo is giving the car, you tell them 10%. the reason you do this, and legally, is because with the boost valve fully closed, the ignition timing, fuel pressure and maps set to standard, this is about right.

There not to know that it you retard the ignition (for off road use), put your fuel pressure up (for off road use) and change the maps (not for performance of course, but to ensure it passes its mot of course, or for off road use) and accidentally kind of trip up and 'fall' onto the boost valve and not notice its gone up to 15psi (for off road use) then your car transforms into a optimax snorting fire spitting scooby slayer. Off road use only of course, if you know what I mean. ;)

Now go and get a quote and see if there is a difference.

Well - was out in this car tonight at the Track night (Knockhill) and i'll now think that this will deff be my next purcahse :)

really really suprised this hasnt sold yet

if i still had my k11 i would buy this,,but i just got a brand spanker so i cant :(

so it hasnt got anythin about it being a turbo on the log book or anythin? so u cud insure it as a 1.3 nd not tell thm about the turbo but if u had a crash nd thy found it wos turbod it wud make it void?

well im sure log books dont have a cars asperation on it, just its engine cubic capacity. Yes it would be void and its illegal not to tell them of modifications. I'm sure everyone has done it once or twice with a minor thing like a filter, which makes no perfomance difference to a car and can be swapped back around if needed. But with this type of conversion you juuts couldnt really do it. Plus its illegal and you can be subjected to a fine and/or imprisonment.

If you bought this car - Insure it PROPERLY. No point in gettign caught for not having it, and if they impounded it - it'd be crushed.

Titch said:
If you bought this car - Insure it PROPERLY. No point in gettign caught for not having it, and if they impounded it - it'd be crushed.

they will only crush it if you dont pay the fine to get it back....a few of my mates had ther cars impounded.

Log book only lists engine size, not wherer its a turbo or not.

As for insurance, tell them everything. all they need is the slightest thing not to pay out.

As I said before, I HAVE told them about all of my mods.

also to get cheaper insurance try putting a lower anual milage and add your mum/dad to your policy

this is also true.

Anyway, back to original thread.....

1.3 turbo micra for sale. Speck listed on first page of this thread.

Im going to throw this in so see if it helps intrest.

Possible p/x for stock/mildly modded k11 in reasonable condition.

i still need an absolute minimum of £1500 cash though.

offers through pm or email [email protected]

mr.grassie said:
Possible p/x for stock/mildly modded k11 in reasonable condition.

come on titch you know its just got alot more tempting

im really surprised this hasnt sold yet

just fitted an LED air/fuel ratio meter to the for monitoring erm..the air/fuel ratio.

this makes tuning a lot more simple for those who like to play about with the boost pressure, igniton timing and fueling in search of that perfect setting. looks trick too.

Car still for sale.

come on guys, you know the spec, you know the condition, you know its a bargin.

This is a MINT k11 with nearly 3k in mods NOT including the price of the car.

Someone make me a sensible offer, I need to sell this car.

someone should really buy this you will save a fortune! if my car is anything to go by you will love this and it will be fast as EDITED ! seriously seriously fast!

hmmmm part ex for a standard micra?....hmmm i wonder where i could find one of those?....egherm micra super s egherm...

well im after a turbo micra..... and it may save...naah it will save me money in the long run......i will see how much my cars worth first... (about £20...lol)

No Longer For Sale Due To Stupid Accident Involving A 'accidently Loosened And Not Noticed' Fuel Line Leaking All Over The Red Hot Exhaust And Spontaniously Combusting.

Car Now Needs Everything Plastic And Most Things Rubber Under The Bonnet Replaced. Also Needs The (under The Bonnet) Loom Replaced, The Injectors, The Fuel Pressure Regulator, And The Bonnet Resprayed. Cost Estimated To Be Arround £500.

Yesterday Was Possibly The Worst Day Of My Life. Gutted Does Not Even Come Close.

Still Open To Obviously Reduced Offers For Her As She Stands. However I Am About To Repair All Of The Damage In A Few Weeks So Make It Quick. Car Still Has Over 2.5k Of Mods Fitted And On Good Working Order.

wow really sorry to hear about this. What an awful mistake. Im sure by what you have shown your capable of youll get this sorted one way or another. Good luck with it.

This is what she used to look like.

1805444219275a561.jpg

Then this happened.

18054442182ca1231.jpg

Dont you just hate it when things dont quite go to plan?

Back