1.3 turbo k11 custom built-200bhp

thats Joanne and johns car, they were members of the msc, and john ran the old micraholics site with me, they aren't on much but still keep in touch every now and then, i spoke to them the other weekend.

the car has been around ages, and the spec is much much much better than whats on that list now.

great very capable little car.

the comment about james car however is not correct.

It's Jo and Johns Micra from Notts.

They are old MSC members but don't post much on here now. They prefer to go on track days rather then the 1/4 mile before anyone asks :)

James and ed u better watch out cus this will put yours to shame (sorry,lol)

LMAO I'm sure there will be more said on this.....

Kev

Thread moved to the correct section

and i wouldnt shoot down Ed & James's turbo just because another 200bhp K11 exists. They're both excellent. I don't think Ed's has blown up etc either.

thats Joanne and johns car, they were members of the msc, and john ran the old micraholics site with me, they aren't on much but still keep in touch every now and then, i spoke to them the other weekend.

the car has been around ages, and the spec is much much much better than whats on that list now.

great very capable little car.

the comment about james car however is not correct.

Did they ever manage to get the TCS working do you know?

james T's k11 has 1bhp more than jo's :p according to the dyno, but its always a diffrent read out on every dyno.

that website is probably 4 years old though and the car is different now to then it was. Plus its a different engine :EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well once again people cant take a littel joke when they see it hence,(sorry,lol)

Yes im loving it and itss ahme they dont post on the forum anymore as it wuld be interesting to see the updted version of the car as it is now!

I was aiming it and ed and james mearly stating its a 1.3 with 200bhp and james is a 1.4 with 201bhp thats all!

Saw this spec a few months ago and got really excited reading it! haha
Would love to drive this with the LSD fitted and set of slicks.

"Nippy" wouldn't be the word!

Doesnt really matter whos the more powerful anyway, Jameses micra has been tuned slightly differently and is a "slightly" different engine.

Either way that angine bay is lush!
Picture028.jpg

that website is probably 4 years old though and the car is different now to then it was. Plus its a different engine :EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i know that lol, i just i meant back then it was slightey faster. as you said its diffrent now and maybe faster! would love to see what it looks like now! last time i saw pics of this was in banzai and on johns web site!

from what im hearing on track days, the poor performance due to those long pipes doesn't seem to be an issue.
in fact quite the opposite

the long intake (before the turbo) should give more torque than a short intake (and better cold air feed) and then after the turbo the pipes are as short as possible looks like a good combo to me!

butta, that really does not work like that at all for turbo cars. Beside you consider the pipework after the plenum and into the head, not the rest of the pipework, there is no further advantage to long pipework unless it solving a problem not possible by shorter pipework. (such as the design in this case)

djlee_dj, James car is entirely his. I have a march ST.

yes 'lush'..with all that unecessary pipework.

Cant see excessive pipe work, induction pipe goes to turbo, from turbo round back to intercooler then to TB.
Anyway i a man who loves a clean engine, mainly because its easier to work on also shows alot more effort that one covered in oil and grease.

HOW is that engine easier to work on? look what you need to do to change the spark plugs..you have to remove a whole section just to get access...

also i don't see how you can't see any excessive pipework..look at other turbo conversions..you can get around the engine without having to loop the loop around everything like that design.

at least ed knows what im on about..

I suppose you could move the battery to the back have the air filter there, and then bring the turbo-intercooler pipe to where the filter is now, leaving the rocker cover clear.

Oh dear you guys, when will you get over it!!

Just take a look at the date on the picture . . . . things have changed a hell of alot since then - has anybody considered that fact . . . ?

At the end of the day, it's my car, I am happy with it!

Yes, you're all free to have an opinion and I'm sure you will continue to slag my car off until the end of time, but do I care - NO

I'm not going to waste anymore time getting into this topic, just wanted to make the point that I drive the car daily, use it regularly on club track and sprint events alongside Skylines, Evos, Celica GT4s and many others and know for a fact it's performance is fantastic!

THE END

agreed, as joanne says the performance of this car is brilliant, unfortunately when a car is built on a high budget, of a high quality, and a shopping list to wish for, which delivers brilliant performance and shows excellent workmanship people find the need to knock it, and if pipework lenght, which appears to be making no difference on the track or under normal conditions, then perhaps people should stop the knocking

ps - i e-mailed you / john yesterday jo :)

People probably only knock it because they're jealous and want it. Alot of people love that car! How anyone can shoot it down, even though it does 200bhp+ and looks the nuts is crazy.

Joanne, I think there are allot of new generation comments here, but in any case I really wouldn't worry about the views of anyone else since what difference does it make?! :) It is a controversial layout, but again it gets people talking which regardless of opinions I don't think is a bad thing,

yes i only posted this thread because i liked the look of it and it was 200bhp thats all..i didnt want to start a slagging of session!

Hi Jo...

I know your not probably interested at all, but it would be good to see some updated images and specs and what you've been upto with it?

There are members here such as myself that are genuinely interested.

Just to let you know I've just got hold of a Starlet Glanza v :)

Kev

I think everyone regardless of their views would be interested in an update. :)

yeah, my bank balance has been slashed due to your car..lol

i have a superS in red and was going to turbo it too,

i have spent loads just trying to emulate what you have.

but cannot do it.

can you post some new info please?

Back