1.3 or 1.4

ayat

Ex. Club Member
this is a question more for ed, but what wxactly is the greates advantage over turbocharging the 1.4 as oposed to the cg13de, i know it has coilpack, but are there others, i know the disadvantage is it will need standalone.

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
yes, greater displacement:D .seriously, other than that, i cant really see any great advantage, another disadvantage is it'll probably cost more to turbo the 1.4 as you'll more than likely need more custom parts.

yes, greater displacement:D .seriously, other than that, i cant really see any great advantage, another disadvantage is it'll probably cost more to turbo the 1.4 as you'll more than likely need more custom parts.

The only custom parts you need are con-rods and pistons, available from Ed from about the same price as the cg13. Distributor type engines can be converted to distributor-less with plent o kits availabe or by just strapping on a 1.4 gearbox and flywheel along with the crank position sensor, after market ecu coil packs etc...

Disadvantage will be similar to the 1.2 k10 to the 1.0 k10, the cylinder diameter is 1mm wider therefore decreasing the thickness of the head gasket. Don't see 1mm being a problem.

Wouldn't consider requiring a stand alone a disadvantage, Just swapping the head for a pre-facelifts along with the ecu and your choice of piggy back will solve that problem. But your get more power from a stand alone , coil packs are just another increase.