1.3 NCVT Wheelspin

N

Nismo HK11

How easy do 1.3 cvt's spin the wheels in the dry? Mine under wot takes off with no spin but when the speed reaches 30mph and power builds up the tyres spin like made and i've got yokohama a539's. No good when i'm overtaking. just as I get along side a car i lose traction. I've done a few mods but can a standard cvt 1.3 do this with good tyres?

OP
OP
N

Nismo HK11

Will try michelin energy or bridgestone next. Got the afr set richer cos it was running lean might have given it more power in the midrange. When is max torque on a cg13 around 3500-4000 rpm?

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
i would like to see video or something of this. Sounds very odd you may be doing damage to gearbox (and these are __VERY__ expensive to replace)

OP
OP
N

Nismo HK11

It doesn't constantly spin, only for few secs then it regains traction. Might just be combination of aging tyres and the increase in power. I rarely put the pedal to the floor bit have noticed it twice esp on cold days. Other CVT owners might be able to explain more. Flooring it from a stop i.e. traffic lights will result in zero wheelspin tho.

The same transmission is used in the Cube alpha which has 101ps which is more than mine but it has electronic 6 speed control. HKS designed a turbo kit to be exclusively for the CVT Cube cg13de and there havent been any problems reported. So the transmission is operating well within limits I guess mine is around 90ps max. If it was slipping then the power wouldnt get to the wheels.

Colt357 once spoke of the taiwan owner club member "FCC" rewriting the NCVT ROM and upgraded intake/exhaust making the car do 0-60 in 6.9s secs with no reliability problems so far :p