1.3 K11 mpg ?

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
With fairly aggressive driving on short, 30mph roads I get about 19mpg, on a long, gentle trip at 60-65mph am getting about 45-50mpg range

skymera

Brutal Honesty
48MPG was achievable with boring driving on the motorway.

1.3 with a 1.0 gearbox.

Around town with some welly it was about 36MPG.

1.4 same as mine - 38 around town and a comfortable 50+ on the motorway/dual carriageway, although I'm pretty convinced since fitting the cone filter these figures are much improved - I'll check it sometime.

I got a K11 1.3 CVT. Though I do urban and extra urban driving during my work day. I am currently getting about 47MPG.

pollyp

Club Member
I remember when I removed and drained the tank after the needle went red and the light came on there was bout over 6L left

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
The most I ever got was 415 miles in one full tank, with very very eco drive. LOTS of coasting and drafting. Was so boring! in a 1.3 and still had a bit of fuel left

That very good. Tho
The most I ever got was 415 miles in one full tank, with very very eco drive. LOTS of coasting and drafting. Was so boring! in a 1.3 and still had a bit of fuel left

Wow that very good. Though I use mine for work. More MPG the more petrol allowance saved!

Considering the bottom of the fuel tank can contain a load of crap, is it good practice to periodically empty the tank, or is that a pointless exercise?

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Empty and steam clean yes, dunno how often is a good amount though, depends how dirty the fuel you get is.

On my W reg I've got 325miles from top of the dial to the actual light turning on. Filling up it only allows around 32-35 litres to be put in, that sound about right?

Also, I've started taking a longer route to Uni, it's quicker however and nearly a constant 40-60mph all the way there with minimal town work. Wish I'd found this at the beginning of the year to be honest!

Empty and steam clean yes, dunno how often is a good amount though, depends how dirty the fuel you get is.
You're not really going to get dirty fuel nowadays. Cleaning the tank is just messy and a waste of time unless the filler pipe has corroded and water or rust has entered.

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
You're not really going to get dirty fuel nowadays. Cleaning the tank is just messy and a waste of time unless the filler pipe has corroded and water or rust has entered.
You'd be surprised, theres a reason cars still come with fuekll filters eh

I got 39MPG recently, and that was mostly motorway but not always taking it really steady, and I had lowish oil and I think one of my tyres was pretty low pressure. Basically 40+ is easily achievable.