1.3 into a Pao

wehey

Ex. Club Member
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but it's sort of Pao, K10 and K11 related.
I will be taking ownership of a 1.0L auto Pao in the next week.
I have in my shed a complete 1997 1.3 engine with gearbox, shafts, injector loom, ECU loom and ECU.
The plan is to transplant it into the Pao.
From what I have read the engine and box will be a simple fit with only having to modify a gearbox mount.
This is where it gets a bit sketchy. Can I use my driveshafts if I replace the Pao hubs for K11 hubs?
What about the gear linkage, will a K10 fit to the K11 gearbox? I'm sure I have read then it needs modification?
Next on my confused.com list is the wiring. I have the K11 loom upto and including the ECU. How do integrate this into the K10 loom?
What about the nats. Does the nats coding (or whatever it is) reside on the ECU?
I'm sure there will be more questions but that's about it for now :)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
It'll be the engine mount that wants modifying. Drive shafts will depend on where you put your gearbox :)
But if I were you...
- I'd shrink the loom to what's needed only. Don't run two looms its gets way too cramped otherwise. Strip all conduit and tape off each loom. Get engine in n running and remove the loom with the engine running. If the engine cuts out you've cut the wrong wire. I've got plenty of photos of how I merged the 2 looms and how little K11 loom you'll need
- NATS relies on the barrel and the small Black Box that deals with the little transponder in the key. Easy enough to keep. You can't bypass it its too clever

K10 linkage fits preface 1.0 boxes. The rest are different

Other than that it's fairly straightforward anyway :)

Last edited:

pork

Club Member
If you use the k11 box, i think you have to rotate the linkage by 90 degrees

You'll need cg10preface lift flywheel too and clutch

If you use k11 Hubs, you'll need k11 wishbones, discs and calipers and track rod ends,

Shafts should be ok (although I ended up buying new ones as I somehow managed to buy an odd k10 with smaller splines ??)

But if you slam it to the ground, you'll need to shorten the shafts 10mm, other wise they bind and make horrendous noises whilst cornering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wehey

wehey

Ex. Club Member
If you use the k11 box, i think you have to rotate the linkage by 90 degrees

You'll need cg10preface lift flywheel too and clutch

If you use k11 Hubs, you'll need k11 wishbones, discs and calipers and track rod ends,

Shafts should be ok (although I ended up buying new ones as I somehow managed to buy an odd k10 with smaller splines ??)

But if you slam it to the ground, you'll need to shorten the shafts 10mm, other wise they bind and make horrendous noises whilst cornering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So really the best combo would be the 1.3 engine and pre fl 1.0 box/fly wheel/clutch?
Will the auto shafts that it currently has slot into the pre fl 1.0L box then?

h701micra

Deactivated Account
So really the best combo would be the 1.3 engine and pre fl 1.0 box/fly wheel/clutch?
Will the auto shafts that it currently has slot into the pre fl 1.0L box then?
Any combo will work well in a K10 :) what you have will be fine
Nope they won't fit in

Just to add to this I have a 1.3 Auto looking to put it into a PAO and keep it an Auto, will the K11 auto fit into where the 3 speed K10 auto is currently ?

Also I will use the loom and ECU along with a fuel pump for the inject anything else I need for the auto side of things ?
Any info would be great please.

Cheers