1.3 cams swap issue

Hi guys, I have swapped my 1.0l cams for 1.3's, I finished the swap, kept all the timing and engine was still pretty in the ball park of top dead centre when I finished. Put her all back together and went to fire her up, she ran a bit iffy for the first few seconds then was running fine for a few minutes, gave her a little rev and as she returned to idle she spluttered and juddered to a stop and haven't been able to start it since.

When tourqueing the cam shaft bracket bolts up one snapped off and I spent 4 days trying to get it out and had no luck, in the end I re assembled it leaving the snapped bolt in there and thought it shouldn't be that much of an issue and there was absolutely no play in the cam and they were locked in solid, wouldnt thing this would be the issue, I keeps trying to start but kind of just burbles for a few secs and dies.

I have attached a video of it trying to start, hope you guys can help. My freind thinks with the bigger j let cams it isn't getting enough fuel?

Any help greatly appreciated, many thanks
Connor

Did you torque them to spec? And yes you need all those brackets to hold the cam. And did you check the timing with a timing gun? Id check the distributor/ timing first. And disconnect the battery for a night.

Did you torque them to spec? And yes you need all those brackets to hold the cam. And did you check the timing with a timing gun? Id check the distributor/ timing first. And disconnect the battery for a night.
All bolts are tourqed to spec, all brackets are in just the end one is missing a bolt, no dizzy as got coil packs and I'm gonna do a full timing check over the weekend as looking into it I reckon that's the most likely issue

i would,nt risk it with a busted bolt connor
and chain 1 tooth out maybe ?
I would probably go with that! Prob just not the correct timing on the upper timing chain.

And definitely wouldn't run without a bolt, camshaft suffers with alot of stress during operation...

Enviado do meu MI 8 através do Tapatalk

I would probably go with that! Prob just not the correct timing on the upper timing chain.

And definitely wouldn't run without a bolt, camshaft suffers with alot of stress during operation...

Enviado do meu MI 8 através do Tapatalk
Hi, thanks for your help guys, sadly have tried every option to get the bolt out but have had no luck so going to have to risk it, the engines been run a few times, trying to figure out the problem and absolutely no play in the cams whatsoever, locked in 100% opened her back up and the upper timing chain is slack and has skipped a tooth or two. Going to sort that soon. He's tucked away in the barn for the time being. The manual isnt being much help. Before I start working on it again. How do I tighten the upper timing chain? Cheers guys.

P.

Back