1.3 cams in 1.0

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Craig has already done this and their are performance gains to be had. Think he got his 1.0l to 73bhp.

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
I haveput the details up so many times.
all it will cost you is two cams, a sensitive torque wrench, think it was 8Nm, and a couple of hours. Some feeler blades are also required.
All you have to do is follow the HAyne, but briefly,
1-unplug all hoses from cam cover and spark leads
2-undo all the screws on the cam cover, it may help to only slacken them a little at first and then undo when thay are all lose to prevent rounding.
3-the cams are held onto the cog y a big, tight nut, get this undone :D
4-undo all the bearings holding the cams down, not the oil route through these for your interest.
5-put new cams in
6-do what you just did backwards
7-you can put some liquid gasket on the sela if you want
8-take the car for a drive and feel the difference.

Also very important, be careful not to drop anyting down the chain side of your engine, it will take a long time and muchos effore to get it back.

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
It would be a lot better with pictures, so if someone is going to be doing it in the near future...

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
they can be added later. if u have time now u could write it up in a guide. just space it out a bit moreand make it ore readble/understandable. then hey presto

if u do . thanks. if not, then no great loss ill do it tonight if i remember

R

RaptorRVL

Dont forget to write it in such a way that even "normal" people can understand it.
Not that they can do it, but they understand what has to be done.

And more important, never say it's easy, but.... relatively easy! :laugh:
There is always the big question of who is doing it :)

I personally think that's pretty important, because the last thing you want as the club is people screwing up their car because of a guide here.
Not because the guide is wrong but the fact they think it's easy so they start doing it but half way there they get stuck.

Maybe it's a good idea to rate the guides or something (just a mind flash thingy here). To put some sort of rating on them like: Basic engine knowledge required. or, More advanced skills required.
Just as an indication. That might give more info at some times than the guide itself...
Then again you would expect people have some sort of knowledge before trying out a modification on their car. But everybody has to start somewhere and it sure is more tempting to do a mod that gives more power than a more simple one that gives less power.