1.3 cams in 1.0 timing question

Hello folks,

I've returned from my local scrappies with a set of 1.3 dizzy cams for my 1.0 coilpack engine.

Should be fitting these either this or next weekend. I'm wondering if anyone can advise on +/- timing.

I've heard and seen other threads mention about +2 being the best MBT for lower end torque between 1-4k revs?

Can anyone please shed a bit of light on what degrees would be best to run these on?

Much love as always

X

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Ps here's my little s&@✓ box
Snapchat-486702208.jpeg

it largely depends on your chain wear, if they are 100k ish miles old, then the cams have probably retarded by 5deg+

It's around 70k. Does have a lumpy idle too, do you think this could be a byproduct of the timing gone out?

From my understanding + timing gives more power low end and - timing gives more power top end? Sorry Frank total newbie *facepalm* x

yes it tends to lower the powerband (especially the inlet) thats the idea behind the k12 vvl (wider powerband by using both early and late inlet events)
usually the lobes on 2 and 3 line up with the outer edge of the cap bolts @ tdc

as cam (1).JPG

I can't see me taking this nugget to any shape of track soon especially now Rockingham shut! Would it struggle on motorway or prolonged journeys at higher speeds shifting the powerband down a bit?

Will be doing my research on this a little more when I get home for sure

Back