1.3 75bhp 0-60?

I'll have to say hee haw H, I run 40 on the front as well - 38 on the back. My tyres are 185/60 14s seems to take the wear off the edges I would have to say.

I'll have to say hee haw H, I run 40 on the front as well - 38 on the back. My tyres are 185/60 14s seems to take the wear off the edges I would have to say.
I still never go above 30
As you drive around, the air in the tyres heats up? so the pressure in tyres increase further. So on a goid run in summer you'll be around 44/45psi and 41/42psi in the winter
Pretty sure on the side of the tyre it says "do not exceed 40psi"?

i prefer sidewall max pressure (40 ish) too, light steering/more performance/better handling/even tyre wear etc, but it make the ride a little harsh tho

Chris runs 185 on flipped polo steels (5.5"?)
6" mate i believe, balloon tyres much, stock polo 13" tyres are 165 i believe, golfs are 175 i know that as my mate has one.
Mine are 195's on a 7 inch rim, a little stretch but not much, i just found that with the lower pressures i was getting crap fuel economy and sloppy cornering/braking. Might just be that the tyres i have prefer to be tight and less flexy since theyre a fairly hard compound.

And my tyres dont seem to heat up much really unless im driving it hard. remember andy your car has a different purpose in mind than most...

Regardless of its use... its a daily still.
And if 40 psi improved performance.. I'd use it but my testing has proved completely opposite :/
I found myself dropping seconds off at cadwell with 34/32 never mind 40... don't have to drive hard to heat up air in a tyre not the rubber that's a different conversation completely :)
If 40 is what people prefer then fair enough but I wouldn't wanna be riding around on max bead pressure

I was running 38 front and rear iirc, but with stiff suspension and very low profile tyres I wanted to avoid rim damage hitting pot holes in bristol. Was definately too hard but needs must

My car doesn't do traction. At all. Keeps wheelspinning to about 50 if I don't control it :(

Mohawk's for ya though, they're royal junk. Won't be long before I'll be getting 15's so I may as well just wait. Hopefully a sus drop and bush kit will help.

Unless you've got serious mods, wheelspin would not be possible at 45 say....
Unless you're talking about dropping the clutch after gear changes, in which my standard 1.0l does that (with performance tyres)

We're talking about in the wet, in the dry it's fine. But flooring it in the wet, even trying to control the traction after 20 is difficult.

Not srs mods but:
4-2-1 sportex backbox
Modded airbox
Complete service, GB oil an all
Modded standard intake(resonator removed, thing gauze instead of filter,wing peel)
Super 4 plugs
Advanced timing
Higher octane fuel
Oh, and a terraclean, which helped a remarkable amount

My tyres are srsly bad. Either that or I've got blown old shocks and the car is rearing up too much.

Pretty sure Stani's is at the fly, not sure about Polly's, am guessing at the fly too as he's using it as a daily (160hp at wheels would be nearly 200hp at fly eh, crazy stuff from a 1.3!)

Realistically, what do you reckon i would get from this:
1.3 engine with Franks lightened flywheel, standard clutch, modified mr2 inlet manifold, k-series free flowing exhaust manifold 4-2-1, RC40 straight through exhaust (Built for mini 1.3 engines)No cats at all., and the primera 1.6 airbox mod
I know you guys may not know as its such a mishmash of parts but lets say they are all the "micra equivilents" (frankspeed manifold etc) if you see what i mean haha!
The car will be approx 600kg or less

Hey guys,

Saw this thread earlier and thought I would see what time my 1.3 does 0-60 in. It was pretty wet when I tried and I had pretty bad traction till I hit second gear. Stopped the clock at just around 62-63mph and I got 10.98 seconds; although to be fair I had hardly any fuel (I use Shell V-Power) and absolutely no extra weight (only me in the car).

This seemed pretty fast to me considering that the only mods the car has (which I am aware of) which could affect the performance is a middle de-cat and a pipercross panel filter. In the dry I reckon the car does at least 10 seconds dead, as the other day I kept up with a Audi A3 2.0tdi up till about 50mph. The driver even pulled up next to me at the next set of lights and told me he thought I was going to have him. It also keeps up with my mates Citroen C2 GT, and up to about 30mph I can actually get ahead of him.

To be honest it does seem quite rapid for the size of the engine, and it grabs the road really hard when changing from first to second in the dry. Hopefully it will be dry tomorrow and I can get a video up of the car doing the run...

I've got 15x7j rims with 165/50 tyres (33psi F/R). When I tried using my friends GPS speedo I think it was around 60 true speed at 65 indicated speed iirc.

I will get a close up video of the dash so you guys can make up your own mind :)

Okay guys, I made the video like I said, but I am having trouble getting it on the PC. It was still a bit damp when I did it and I took three runs and chose the fastest time to show you (obviously :p). My speedo is 3 miles out according to my satnav.

Without a cable or a card reader I have no idea how to upload it though...

You will be pleasantly surprised by the time I got ;)

That is when I manage to upload it.

Okay, here's the video (sorry its sideways - it's the only way I could hold the phone against the wheel).

Time it and let me know what you get. My timings vary when I measure it. I've got one other run which was slightly faster (as I found a dry patch of road and could launch from higher RPMs (this was a relatively conservative launch) but it took so long trying to download this one off my phone I don't think I'll bother to upload another yet.

Enjoy :)

clutch drops at 4 secs very rapid time :) (downloaded vid) BUT you have to show the rd gradient !

edit,,,,,,,,,bigger wheels faster, stay longer in each gear ?

Back