1.3 75bhp 0-60?

I don't think you truly understand rolling radius and purposeful under clocking to prevent speeding.

If anyone's clocks genuinely read the correct speed I promise you 90% of people would get points in a week.

70 is usually about 65-67

85 about 81ish I think. Etc etc

Hence why police have to give a 10% leeway as everyone's clocks rarely read the right speed.

A satnav or speed App on a phone is the best way to prove the real speed.
And I thought it was the rozzers being nice:eek:

@davyboy
I did a 200 mile round trip to Leeds and back the other day. Just ate up the miles, the feeling of new tyres is just lovely.

Almost makes me want to not lower it sometimes.. And then I take a bend... And hear the feint chuckle of yachts laughing at my cars handling

I do motorways to work and back, 30 mile everyday doing about 80.

Just need to change the GB oil now which should with MPG what with the extra rolling resistance and what not haha

And the police thing is always something to quote if you get pulled and they say you were doing 10% over the speed limit. If you've got 15's just say the clocks are out, sorry haha

That video was insane!!

Never seen anything like that before I'll be honest

I'm a bit of a physics geek and seeing some change energy states is just fascinating!

Glowing white basically haha heat energy to pure light energy

Don't they use them under cars in South Africa to cook carjackers. And - isn't that the fastest jet type engine in the world for stratosphere flying ???

BIG_Roger_Ramjet_coloring_book-225x300.jpg

Real men use scramjets, of course. But you usually need a rocket engine to get them lit and they do have a habit of exploding. Mach 6+ ftw.

Real men use scramjets, of course. But you usually need a rocket engine to get them lit and they do have a habit of exploding. Mach 6+ ftw.
Scram jet= scavenging ram jet no?
Edit: SCRam = supersonic combustion ram, my bad

Supersonic combustion ;)
Fixed :) Instead of slowing the air like in a normal ram jet, some supersonic air is allowed through so the combustion happens at supersonic speeds :)
I would have thought faster speeds meant less compression so wouldn't be as efficient, but if you're slowing the air to subsonic speeds in a ram jet for cumbustion then speeding it back up to supersonic speeds I guess theres a big inefficiency there anyway...

How about if you drove the 1.0litre micra 0-60 in a perfect vacuum? What would the time be? (presuming car and driver had own air supply and cabin was pressurized)

That's my 0-60. I make it around 10-11 seconds. I hit the limiter in 1st tho so could be a tiny bit quicker maybe. 1.3 engine, 1l gearbox, janspeed 4-2-1 manifold, decat, cheerybomb back box, almera/primera air box and adjustable fuel pressure regulator :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.3 k11 elf'n
no interior
decat x 2
larger exhaust system after 2nd decat + backbox
stock intake
1 litre gear box
lighten flywheel
home brew short shift-5mm extended to standard gear stick below
14" micra steel wheels-frankspeed dished + 185 tyres
ebb dude homebrew copper plug leads
power steering
Very minimal mods

0-60 in my micra sr20det took about 6 seconds and that was in the dry launching on that gritty bit just before the white line at traffic lights. I was racing a Astra vxr and I beat it lol

In wet I can't get traction in 1st or 2nd so times are slow. Hit 3rd though and I'm gone!

Anyhow ill time my 1.3l micra cabriolet automatic cvt box. Should be interesting lol

my k11 has few simple mods nothing realy changed and its faster than 1.1 saxo and 16v clio both on strate road clio was trying right up to roundabout and I passd it as it was hitting the limiter off the round about and after bout 3miles there was bout 30 foot in it boy wanted 2 buy after lol

Some fiesta went flying past me on the round about, pulled past him in second, floor it and way away. Wasn't sure if he was trying though tbh.

I had just lowered the tyre pressure a little to see if I could fix the terrible grip my current tyres have. Made my car feel sluggish as hell.

What do people run around this time of year? Normally just me and my gf in the car.

Some fiesta went flying past me on the round about, pulled past him in second, floor it and way away. Wasn't sure if he was trying though tbh.

I had just lowered the tyre pressure a little to see if I could fix the terrible grip my current tyres have. Made my car feel sluggish as hell.

What do people run around this time of year? Normally just me and my gf in the car.

I run 40psi year round.

My friend used to run 70psi

Never went anywhere near that high. Normally around 31 in the summer and 28 winter for me.

Might try pumping them back up tomorrow to see what it feels like.

I run 40psi year round.

My friend used to run 70psi
Are you crazy!! 40psi is crazy high for a little Micra. You must get a lot of wear on the centre 3/4 of the tread and none on the edges. Although you do run stupid stretch tyres so I guess you have to keep them at a high psi to keep them on the bead.

Are you crazy!! 40psi is crazy high for a little Micra. You must get a lot of wear on the centre 3/4 of the tread and none on the edges. Although you do run stupid stretch tyres so I guess you have to keep them at a high psi to keep them on the bead.

Skymera runs massive stretch mind. SirChris runs silly hogh tyre pressure too lol

If you run wider tyres than stock you need to up the tyre pressure, found this with my mates 2cv. ran 135 instead of 125 tyres at stock pressure and got excess wear on outer edges. I guess you get too much flex with the extra distance between tyre edges so need to bump it up to keep the middle in contact with the ground. Tbf Joe you are running 195 and Chris 185... a fair bit wider than the stock 155/165 or 175 tyre sizes :)

If you run wider tyres than stock you need to up the tyre pressure, found this with my mates 2cv. ran 135 instead of 125 tyres at stock pressure and got excess wear on outer edges. I guess you get too much flex with the extra distance between tyre edges so need to bump it up to keep the middle in contact with the ground. Tbf Joe you are running 195 and Chris 185... a fair bit wider than the stock 155/165 or 175 tyre sizes :)
And are the wheels widened to suit?
I ran 30/28 on 155/13s and still run the same on 195/15.
30psi is 30psi regardless of the void you have to fill

No stock wheels. I think its about leaverage accross the ture surface, with pivot points occuring at the tyre edges... wider tyres means more leaverage so more flex, so need more pressure to counter the extra leverage and stop the centre flexing inward. Thats what we figured anyway, could just be because the tyre pressures wern't intended by citroen for constant flat out cornering haha

No stock wheels. I think its about leaverage accross the ture surface, with pivot points occuring at the tyre edges... wider tyres means more leaverage so more flex, so need more pressure to counter the extra leverage and stop the centre flexing inward. Thats what we figured anyway, could just be because the tyre pressures wern't intended by citroen for constant flat out cornering haha
I meant the other examples but no citroen definitely did not intend for that to happen to a 2cv ever ever ever :p though I did see one in a car chase in a film once :D
Chris and Joe I meant by widened wheels to suit
Chris iirc runs stretch tyre so fair enough
Joe runs suitable alloys for 195's... so 40psi is a ridiculous amount for those tyres

I meant the other examples but no citroen definitely did not intend for that to happen to a 2cv ever ever ever :p though I did see one in a car chase in a film once :D
Chris and Joe I meant by widened wheels to suit
Chris iirc runs stretch tyre so fair enough
Joe runs suitable alloys for 195's... so 40psi is a ridiculous amount for those tyres
Chris runs 185 on flipped polo steels (5.5"?)

Back