1.2 with 155BHP?

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
This is prob for the mechanics among us but all info Greatly appricieted..

i have been seeing loads of cars with bike engines installed. and i was wondering how do you mate a bike motor with a car g.box? or do you make the car chain driven and use the bikes sequential gearbox (would be cool). I say this cause the motor from a 1200 bandit is about £300 and out of the box produce 130bhp at the crank. this can be made to 155bhp with basic mods, well over 250 is obtainable with a turbo. the tourque (stock) is much more than my 1.2 micra so should have no trouble pulling the extra wieght, and the motor is lighter than the cars as its smaller and g.box is lighter. Do you think this would be possible??

Cheers!!!

PS: if you find spelling mistakes, you can keep them lol

remember that the gearboxes aren't designed for the extra weight of a car, and you will go through quite a few gearboxes.

Remember also that it's still advisable to use a clutch in changing gears, so as for controls, it would be the same as a car, regardless of what type of gearboxes on it.

But you would need to use engine and box, rear-subframe and chain drive the rear wheels.

A LOT of work, and a LOT of money,.

well a pan euro wieghs in at near 450KG when loaded i think, or maybe unloaded. so the wieght i dont think is a prob (would need stiffer clutch springs and a racing clutch) Also the changing gear would be still with a clutch pedal but the gear lever would only go up and down and you would have to select gears in sequence... oh and no reverse lol.. but it was more of how to get the power to the wheels... seems like putting it in the boot and using chain to the rear axle would be best.. so a RWD 155bhp micra... i WISH i could try this! lol.

It can be done and afaik you would need some sort of custom gearbox. Costs plenty of pennies to do but would an interesting project.

Iv seen a saxo vts with a sukuzi hyabusa bike engine in and that did 0-60 in...

3.5 secs :D

The 1300 Pan weighs 280kg dry and puts out 120 Bhp, so that wouldnt be a good example to use, a Yamaha Vmax 1200 is a shaft drive that puts out a healthy 140 bhp and there is a mountain of go faster goodies for the motor, people easily get them up to the 200 bhp mark.

Probably best off with something a bit beefier than a Bandit lump. Need something that produces lots of torque that comes from a ridiculously heavy bike. Can't think of anything that fits the description but strip everything except the driver seat out and you probably get away with a turbocharged, bored out Busa lump :p

look at triumph 1600s but the gearbox is the main issue a fully loaded pan euro is still nearly half the kerb weight of a k10. Chain drive also requires very regular maintenance and adjustment.

Sonic- i was using the pan euro cause of its maximum wieght it can take which is around 430-450KG including liquids, rider and passenger. so a bike gearbox would be strong enough... and the pan would have reverse lol!! might be handy in a car.

well the 2.3 roket III lump would be ideal lol... but then u have 2.3 insurance and tax rates... i wanted a 1.2 to keep the cc the same as original. but maybe a vmax lump would go (they are old now though), a busa motor would be nice hehehe (maybe better in a K11 1.3)

as everyone has said though, it will cost WAAAY to much ££££ so theres no way im gonna try, but its always nice toimage what you could do if you won the lotto lol...

EDIT: Just relised as you said the vmax is shaft drive... so if it was mounted in the back seats/boot with a very small drive shaft to a RWD axle... THAT would be plausable!! and would work quite reliably i image... lotto tonight!!!

Back