• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

1.2 Suntop

Cheers James.

The wiper blades are nakered so it's a fair advisory, coz the car isn't on the road yet i haven't put new blades on. No i don't mind if my mot man puts down a few advisories for little stuff, coz we're on a level. He treats my cars with respect and i stand right there next to him and have a chat while he tests them so it's all good.
At the end of the day it's better for him if vosa don't start yakking in his ear for straight passing an old car, and it's better for me if they don't come round wanting to do their own test to make sure he did it right.
It's give and take bro and you gotta play the game and pick your battles, if you know what i mean. As long as the car is safe and passes, i'm happy. (Y)

Looking forward to getting it on the road though, just going through the proccess of polishing the underseal drift spray off the paintwork. Hopefully i'll have the insurance transferred and get it taxed in a couple of weeks. Then i'll finally be able to park up the Super S, finish my GS and then start restoring the Super S early next year.
I'll probably take a full year to completley finsh the SS and bring it up to showroom condition but i'm hoping it'll all be worth it at the finish. Then i can just enjoy driving the damn things lol.

Mission Accomplished

On the road and running like a dream, new tires, new brakes, tracking done and a new exhaust fitted. Of course after the tracking was done i had to take it for a sunny cruise along the tops with the roof open, all in the name of testing of course :grinning:

251752_10150214144869872_839509871_6840734_4057716_n.jpg

I'll pop up a few others pics with a better camera when i get chance. All that's left now is to keep cleaning it bit by bit until it's spotless. Other than that, this is how the "Ragtop" is gonna stay for the rest of her days with me, clean and original, even the factory cassette player is staying :laugh:
Can't beat a bit of haddaway and technotronic on the old tape deck (Y)

Can't beat a bit of haddaway and technotronic on the old tape deck :suspect:

You need one of the ebay tape to ipod thingys :D

time to move on from 1993 ;)

this beat is, this beat is, this beat is technotronic............:redface:

:D

No good to me dude coz i don't have an ipod lol. I've got an fm transmitter i can plug into my mp3 player, and one of those cassette to 3.5mm jack adapter things so i can listen to whatever i want, but it's just as easy to go old school and put it all on tape. Saves having to carry extra gadgets around with me.

It's been decided that an automatic conversion is on the cards for the rag-top. The rag-top, or "suntop" was bought with the sole intention of being a very clean daily driver, because... well we don't have any other k10 to fill that roll.
The foha special is a weekend car or "show car" and when the super s and gs special are finished they'll be weekend/show cars too. Since i will no longer be the sole driver of the ragtop once the other k10's are finished i have to think about the other driver, who has pretty bad leg-related health problems. So really an auto conversion would be a huge help.

I now have all the parts for the job and i'm just crazy enough to do it. So hopefully in about a month or two i'll be able to crack on with it over a two day period. Then the ragtop's 5-speed can be set aside for the foha special.
But first things first, tomorrow i'll be replacing the rear shocks and springs with nice new ones, and while the old ones are off i'll be coating the arches with stonechip guard. Really wanting to keep this car rust-free for as long as possible.

I fitted the new shocks, springs & bumpstops at the begining of the week, which work great. After removing the old ones i found that one had popped and lost it's fluid, the other was partially seized, and neither of them had been fitted with bumpstops, which is why one of them popped.
While i had the shocks off i decided to cover the arches in stonechip since it offers more protection than underseal alone. The only problem was that i had picked up the wrong colour instead of black.

291899_10150288502034872_839509871_7426191_4915692_n.jpg

White wheel-arches!!!! Oops... :glance:
So i'll either be going over them again with more underseal or i'll be spraying them red to give them that "origional" look.

We've also decided to leave the ragtop as a manual, because we came across a 1.2 automatic that was being offered as a "spare parts" car. So we bought it with the intention of using it for parts, but... then we thought why do all that work when we already have an auto right there.
It just needs a little bit of welding, far too good to break up, so it's become our latest addition to our little rescue centre lol. The auto will be revealed in it's own thread later on when it's finished and on the road, taking our k10 count to 5, and the towns k10 count to 9 all of which are owned between myself and my friends :laugh:

haha at least it will protect it (Y) thats something id do get the wrong color :laugh:

i must say mr porkpie i have loads of respect you saving the k10's from the scrap yard in the sky (Y)

Turbo Time

It turns out that the grill i bought from karl way back in spring is actually a facelift march turbo grill. I was going to put it on the "v8" but i didn't think that it matched up with the foha bumpers as well as the stock grill.

1989marchsuperturbo02.jpg

So after seeing that the facelift turbo didn't have a fancy bodykit like the origional one did, (just regular stock body-coloured bumpers) and that the grill is seemingly the only symbol of being a turbo, i thought let's see what it looks like on the ragtop :grinning:

Obviously it had to be smartened up and re-sprayed before it could even go near the car (after all the ragtop has an image to uphold) :laugh:
So after two days of steady work, here is the new er... suntop turbo? :p

297501_10150337632524872_839509871_7748197_1146435335_n.jpg

297501_10150337632544872_839509871_7748198_1924501387_n.jpg

(Yes those wheels have been on just about all of my k10s, they are **** rims :laugh:)

I think that's a page from the same brochure dude, if you look through the window you can see the ST style seats and rear light set-up. The keyless fuel flap & the electric mirrors too, so i think that the blue one in that picture is an actual facelift turbo. But since there were so few made, it wouldn't suprise me if nissan put parts like the grill on other models to use them up.
Like the 1.0L Pheonix they did briefly at the end of the k10 run, they put the white speedo in from the 1.0L Super and stuck the top spoiler on the back too, but everything else was LS.
Ultimately though, i'm not fussed about where the grills came from or weather or not they're turbo or optional. I think it looks cool perched ahead of the ragtop, gives the front end more character in the same way the twin spoilers do at the rear.
PP7's happy and thats what counts :grinning:

I think that's a page from the same brochure dude, if you look through the window you can see the ST style seats and rear light set-up. The keyless fuel flap & the electric mirrors too, so i think that the blue one in that picture is an actual facelift turbo. But since there were so few made, it wouldn't suprise me if nissan put parts like the grill on other models to use them up.
Like the 1.0L Pheonix they did briefly at the end of the k10 run, they put the white speedo in from the 1.0L Super and stuck the top spoiler on the back too, but everything else was LS.
Ultimately though, i'm not fussed about where the grills came from or weather or not they're turbo or optional. I think it looks cool perched ahead of the ragtop, gives the front end more character in the same way the twin spoilers do at the rear.
PP7's happy and thats what counts :grinning:

You're more than likely right

I was thinking about that but in silver like the badge, i just daren't try it incase i make mess of it. I might try and make some kind of stencil/template that i can tape on or something. I'll give it a week or two to give everything time to harden up properly before i do anything, i have been known to leave thumb prints in soft laquor :laugh:

Back