1.2 SE Stuttering and stalling

Hi all,
Just got myself a little 1.2 SE as a commute car, bloody good fun, takes me back to my first car days of screaming engine and getting no where fast :) I've put some fandango alloys on it so i can now get to work without using the brakes on the twisty bits and I've got some window tints to piss the Mrs off ( i am 47 :p)

On my way back from Liverpool to Hull today and the little sod started playing up, on the M62 just coming out of the 50 mph roadworks into national speed limit.
As i accelerated i got a bit of a judder and couldn't get past 65 ish without real delicate throttle control, if i floored it she just seemed to stall.
Anyway it cleared after a while and i was off again, however i encountered some traffic and had to slow up, on acceleration it was proper jumpy and farty and took a lot of coaxing to get anywhere.
i stopped at some lights and was unable to pull away as the engine just flattened then stalled, it started up again but wouldn't rev at all.
I let it cool for a few minutes and was able to start and get enough power to drive away, this happened several time on the way home but i managed to get up the drive.
I've put my reader on and there are no codes present .

Induction fault some where ?

Help Please...........:(:(