1.2 Petrol, radiator fan temperature sensor

Does anyone know where this little bugger is hiding? It must be behind a bracket or something because I'm blowed if I can find it and I need to swap it out before accepting that it might be the ECU that's stopping the fan from working properly. Any guidance much appreciated.

just looked on the manual, looking at the air filter cover, it at the right hand side just under the air box cover. just a thought but is your car overheating into the red light, because a cheap OBD2 scanner can check all the values coming from the engine management, this will check if it is the temp sensor or something else, saves loads of time chasing various faults that pop up from time to time!?

OP
OP
T
That's great, thank you, I'll go out and have a look.

I just want to check sensor because to be honest, even with only 37k on the clock, it's barely worth 300 quid because my late father in law probably shouldn't have been driving it the last year or two of his life and the body work has paid the price LOL

And with the price of car parts here in France through the roof, if it's the ECU then I'd have to find one from a scrapper in the UK next trip.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. :)

OP
OP
T
Should have explained....it overheated for the first time at the weekend after a 20 mile drive in 30°+ and turns out the fan wasn't running. I shorted it to the battery and it's fine so has to be either the sensor or the ECU sadly but the sensor should be a cheap swap so I'll try that before the garage! Sorry to be a bit cheeky but since you have a manual, I'd read that the K11(which I love cos I'm a saddo!) has two sensors and a double speed fan...is the K12 simpler than that?

OP
OP
T
So I've just had a look there but can't see much so I'll have to take the airbox off. Bit shocked at what the sakts8done to be honest. Airbox clips are in bits and some of the bolt heads all but gone. I can imagine a french garage charging a bloody fortune. Don't spose there's any chance you could photograph the bit of the manual page in question and post it could you? Don't worry if too much trouble though, you've been helpful enough already.

OP
OP
T
I had tried that manual before but on an android device and although it said "download starting" ... it didn't... I'll try on my laptop in a minute. Thanks.

Interesting feedback on eBay.fr. I hadn't looked there because it isn't really a thing here. They tend to use a free site called leboncoin.fr. Go on there and search Micras..I just did Micra 1.2 2005 and apart from a couple of 200k mingers at €1000+, average examples are €3000-4000!! They tend to value second hand cars on the basis of the value of the sum of the parts if that makes sense? That and the fact that they don't salt the roads here, plus there's no road tax but you pay a fee when you register ownership means that people tend to hang on to their vehicles much longer than in the UK.

Anyway thanks a lot for your help, hopefully I can get somewhere with the old girl - my missus is very attached to her because it was her dad's so I'll have to do my best.