1.0l turbo gt17 build

You can adjust the amount of fuel going in with AEM, only a tuner can tell you that for sure. Sometimes your injectors are too big to trim the fuel down enough to give you a good idle and low rev driving. This one is for the tuners to answer.

ok for example if u wired aem in my self, and lefted k11 injectors in, with my turbo set up at psi can I start my car up without the tuner being there wit me, then get a mapper to fit my sr20 injectors in ?

ok for example if u wired aem in my self, and lefted k11 injectors in, with my turbo set up at psi can I start my car up without the tuner being there wit me, then get a mapper to fit my sr20 injectors in ?
if you mean ? drive to the tuners with the stock injectors and then fit the SR ones there abdul, then yes (as long as you dont run any boost)

yes if I was to wire it all up without sr injectors on, just so I can listen to car and start it up, am gona be driving 2 miles only to mapper

yes if I was to wire it all up without sr injectors on, just so I can listen to car and start it up, am gona be driving 2 miles only to mapper
you can easily drive it off boost mate, stani did for months, because it,ll overfuel like mad off boost with the SR injectors and stock map and fuel reg

yes I got u now frank thanks, can I start or drive car without the elbow and for mapper to do as he said he can weld it, is it safe frank

If it has internal waste gate, just disconnect the arm. That way the Exhaust/Turbo flap will stay open turbo will hardly spin if at all. This way you can keep your exhaust on. It will run almost like a standard car,

Disconnecting the charge pipe is easier :) will just sound like badass boost leak :)

The reason you don't disconnect the charge pipes there is a risk of damaging turbo. You can overspin the turbo, as there is no pressure build to control wastegate because it is all leaking out into atmosphere.

You have to realise when you give advise you need to clarify these things.
That's where common sense suggest go steady. If ypure disconnecting the turbo you're not going far :)

It can be done quite easily especially many of us have to use our cars to run around with it on a daily basis.
Most people would assume that charge pipe is not connected no boost everything is ok drive like normal. I am sure you have read posts, where people travel quite far on a daily basis while they are installing mods like turbo etc. I had to clarify that point so some person doesn't end up damaging their turbo.
BTW I think taking of wastegate arm is much quicker than removing charge pipe.:)

Yes it can be done either option. But am thinking of building everything to the car and get it recoverd to mapper, he can put the injectors in and map it, then I can drive home safely it's only 2 miles and don't wana risk it

I changed my fuel rail on the rollers and also plugged the maf in at the same time. Disconnecting the actuator rod works too but whats the point when you know you shouldnt be driving in boost, the only time i did it was when i handed my car in to have an exhaust made, i actually took the actuator away so there was no way they could make an exhaust then thrash it un-mapped

no I mean can I drive it to mapper with k11 injectors on thn when am there I'll change it over for mapping ?

azzydot, fit the turbo in like your ready to drive leaving the standard airfilter on and standard injectors, drive to where you need to map the car and fit the injectors there and ripp off the standard airfilter and fit the turbo piping to throttlebody and get the guy to start his magic, its what im gonna do!!! im running the car off boost to get onto the motorway and just fit the injectors and boost pipes when im at the tuning center!! easier... BUT only will do that if my base map isnt running good enough for my setup, i.e. overfueling, underfueling, cutting out etc!!!

Make sure you fit your Walbro Fuelpump in the tank!!!

J

azzydot, fit the turbo in like your ready to drive leaving the standard airfilter on and standard injectors, drive to where you need to map the car and fit the injectors there and ripp off the standard airfilter and fit the turbo piping to throttlebody and get the guy to start his magic, its what im gonna do!!! im running the car off boost to get onto the motorway and just fit the injectors and boost pipes when im at the tuning center!! easier... BUT only will do that if my base map isnt running good enough for my setup, i.e. overfueling, underfueling, cutting out etc!!!

Make sure you fit your Walbro Fuelpump in the tank!!!

J
yes I got things fitted just need hose and pump pump left , am waiting for ed to reply now

Back