1.0l turbo gt17 build

Well i went in frAnks turbo and loved it been looking for parts have a gt17 and a custom mani ordered but i need to know about some things ......

1. Taping a oil feed
2.fueling
3. Ecu

Can any one help me with these :)

Thanks
Scott

:D
most of us use the blanking plug on the front of the head scott
my fueling was pretty close when using a rising rate reg
and nistune daughterboard preferably (which will cover the fueling and sparkmap)

Is that the one on the left side front of the head frank and thats great obvs i ditch the cats and the down pipe where my sensor will go ? Correct me if im wrong

Scott

Is that the one on the left side front of the head frank and thats great obvs i ditch the cats and the down pipe where my sensor will go ? Correct me if im wrong

Scott
yes mate, the little allen key plug (1/8th bspt) , and you will need a lambda boss welded into the downpipe :)

I was going to build turbo 1.0... It will be awesome to do it but I don't know what to do? Cos I got 1.0 and 1.3.
1.0 is cheaper build than 1.3 though. Still got more time so I will thinking about it. :)

mine has the chargepipe onto the stock throttle body scott, and i have SR20 topfeed injectors :)

P5080980.JPG

mine has the chargepipe onto the stock throttle body scott, and i have SR20 topfeed injectors :)

What engine are you runing and is there any mods to the injector mounts ? For the sr20 ones and the oil return feed where dose that go ?

Scott

Just trying to map it all out so i can start buying the other stuff i need

What engine are you runing and is there any mods to the injector mounts ? For the sr20 ones and the oil return feed where dose that go ?

Scott

Just trying to map it all out so i can start buying the other stuff i need
CG head/CGA3 block mate, with a coilpack inlet mani/rail (with idle control valve delete) and you have to attach a oil return spout on the sump :)

Idle control valve delete?
yes i turned the t/b 180 deg so that the icv missed the fuelrail adam, but its not connected anyway (so need,nt have bothered)
i gave up with the stock icv (its always had a mind of its own, hunting and over-reving etc)

A tad off topic butttt, has anyone had any problems with too much oil pressure from the little port on the cylinder head?

Well it's not actually a micra, it's on an SJ413 but the principle is the same. I tapped into pressure switch and when the turbo boosts it smokes like a b**** and oil actually comes out the compressor side. Its not connected to the carb so it does it by itself.

Well it's not actually a micra, it's on an SJ413 but the principle is the same. I tapped into pressure switch and when the turbo boosts it smokes like a b**** and oil actually comes out the compressor side. Its not connected to the carb so it does it by itself.
ballbearing turbo,s have a restrictor to slow the flow, is it B/B ?
home made mani ?

It's a standard CT9 off of a starlet so I assume not. Yeh its a manifold made out of a few thick pipe bends, it could be the turbo's knackered but I just thought maybe its dragging all the oil pressure and not giving any to the engine?!

I have found the diagrams. I am having problems scanning them. It is time to upgrade my scanner :) . I will kindly request someone or I will get it done. I will put the diagrams up on my blog. There are a few pages. I was going to put them up there anyway, it will save me filling this blog with them. Here is my blog they should be up in a few days http://micra.org.uk/threads/fhk11-march-cab.56972/ Just use them, but remember to help others. If we all share information we will all benefit.

I have quickly uploaded them, hopefully if I get a chance I will update them

I haven't put it on dyno yet.

After I Turboed the car, the clutch was slipping. Shortly after that I had starting issues, turned out to be a faulty MAF. Currently I took it off Road to finish off a few issues. It should be on road soon.

I was lucky I only had to buy the AEM, I wired it myself, and a friend of mine did a base map for me until I get to the dyno. So far I just paid for AEM. I think they are about £270. I bought mine about 2 years ago. I have known people to have HKS GOLD installed. It is all about finding someone to tune it for you. You can also go with Nistune, but software is purchased separately.

The cost varies with the setup.
You can do it on the cheap for about £600. I think Frank managed something similar to this on his early setup.
If you can weld yourself you can save a lot of money on Manifold and exhaust piping.
You need to control fuelling which is done one of two ways,
1. ECU (piggy back or Nistune £450 Includes Tuning etc)
2. Manual method with a rising rate regulator and an extra injector tapped into manifold. Should get away with a rising rate regulator on low boost setup.

Let me know if you need more detail about costs of the complete setup. I will break it all down for you.

Thanks for that, I don't know what to use as I am using sr20 rails and 370 cc injectors is aem ok to wire it up and start the car up ? Or can I buy nistune and start car up when the car is turboed to check if everything's ok?

Back