1.0L or 1.3L Gearbox?

-AdaM-

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Im going to be putting in a 1.3L into my micra soon to use on trackdays and on the road, but i cant decide wether to use the lower ratio 1.0L gearbox or a 1.3L gearbox?

Any ideas?

Adam

haynes lists the early 1.0 diff at 4.05:1 and the 1.3 at 3.9:1 (very little difference)
and the later 1.0 is supposed to be 4.45:1 iirc (a comparatively low ratio)
tyresize choice is relevant tho eh adam

im planning on running 195/50/15s.

So basicly it wont make much of a diferance on either gearbox?

frank, the 1.0L gearbox to use with the 1.3 is it the facelift model with a speedo gear in it? if so what year and what numbers would be marked on the gearbox to determine to get that gearbox if i go to the breakers, im also planning to get a 1.3 slapped in my micra and do want a quick 0-60 from it using the gearbox mentioned.

Cheers

J

frank, the 1.0L gearbox to use with the 1.3 is it the facelift model with a speedo gear in it? if so what year and what numbers would be marked on the gearbox to determine to get that gearbox if i go to the breakers, im also planning to get a 1.3 slapped in my micra and do want a quick 0-60 from it using the gearbox mentioned.
J

good point J, i would guess that the sender/speedodrive is interchangeable maybe ?
and the numbers are near the cable support apparently (cant find mine tho :eek:)

Hi frank, if i got a gearbox without a speedo drive in it, then is it possible to make it in to a speedo gearbox for my 1995 k11? for what i understand there are two types, speedo and sensor (electronic speedo)

Cheers

J

dont know frank, is why your the man to ask :p

just dont wanna get the wrong bloody gearbox with i wont be able to bolt up to the dash clock...

J

On Cisco's site they say that N15 gearbox fits K11, and the electronic speedo must be removed and the mechanical speedodrive fitted, so i think that on the normal K11 gearboxs they are easy interchangeable. I have the Facelift lower ratio 1.0 box with electronic speedo and a spare 1.3 box, they look the same, and the cog-wheels also look the same, just the exterior is different.

Back