1.0 to 1.3 or 1.4 engine swap?

Hi, is it hard to swap the micra enigine I have a 1999 GX 1.0 and I want to change the engine to a 1.3 or 14. Has anyone every done this?, is it hard? and what are the main things I need to know?, Thanks

wehey

Ex. Club Member
It's a pretty easy swap esp as yours is a 1999.
Engine will drop straight in with existing 1.0L gearbox and shafts.
All of the 1.0L electrics and ecu will plug straight in too.
You may have to swap over the power steering pump (if you currently have it) onto the new engine if it doesn't have it.
If you are new to this sort of thing, as i was when I first did it, allow a weekend, and get/hire/borrow an engine hoist.
And only a 1.3 can be swapped (without a load of hassle) as the 1.4 is a coilpac engine and the 1.3 is a dizzy engine as is your current 1.0L

You may have to swap over the power steering pump (if you currently have it) onto the new engine if it doesn't have it.
If you are new to this sort of thing, as i was when I first did it, allow a weekend, and get/hire/borrow an engine hoist.
And only a 1.3 can be swapped (without a load of hassle) as the 1.4 is a coilpac engine and the 1.3 is a dizzy engine as is your current 1.0L
1.4 engine can be done with 1.0 head or 1.3 head both dizzy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, is it hard to swap the micra enigine I have a 1999 GX 1.0 and I want to change the engine to a 1.3 or 14. Has anyone every done this?, is it hard? and what are the main things I need to know?, Thanks

Swapping a cg10 for a 13 or cga3 is a straight swap, it's been done countless times

If you go with the cga3 you'll need a cg dizzy head (either 10 or 13)

will the ecu that's currently in my 1.0 work the 1.3 engine and all?

Your 1.0 ecu will run a 1.3 the only difference is the spark map (I'm sure someone else will confirm)

Have a search of the site and you'll find all the info you need, like I said previously it's been done countless times

Swapping a cg10 for a 13 or cga3 is a straight swap, it's been done countless times

If you go with the cga3 you'll need a cg dizzy head (either 10 or 13)

Your 1.0 ecu will run a 1.3 the only difference is the spark map (I'm sure someone else will confirm)

Have a search of the site and you'll find all the info you need, like I said previously it's been done countless times
@infinity have a read what I said and many will say am right, thanks @Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would the imboliszer be a problem?

Help!! I've swapped the engine but it wont start, its turning over ok and it sparking and fuel but wont start. What's wrong people say timing and others say ecu

Help!! I've swapped the engine but it wont start, its turning over ok and it sparking and fuel but wont start. What's wrong people say timing and others say ecu
Quick summary, what have you swapped in, and what have you tried so far?

Was this engine (the whole setup) running before you fitted it?

Any diag codes / OBD2 data?

Chris.

Nope. You need the chip from the key and the immu from the ignition barrel of the associated car the ECU came from. Otherwise you'll have to have Nissan sync it all up before it'll start.

i have a 1994 1.0i will a 1.3i be a straight swap??

you will need to fit your 94 1.0 flywheel and clutch assembly to the 1.3 engine which limits power to around 100hp,
or fit a later (98 on) 1.0 box and shafts and stick with the bigger 1.3 clutch

I've got a dizzy 1.3L 1994 engine (engine was perfect but the car rotted away) that I would like to put into my, 1.0L 2002 coilpack Micra (11,000 miles no rust but as flat as a fart)
I've got the complete 1.3 Micra, will I need to transfer electrics or could I bore the head of the 1.0 coilpack and fit that straight to the 1.3 block.

Cheers

I've got a dizzy 1.3L 1994 engine (engine was perfect but the car rotted away) that I would like to put into my, 1.0L 2002 coilpack Micra (11,000 miles no rust but as flat as a fart)
I've got the complete 1.3 Micra, will I need to transfer electrics or could I bore the head of the 1.0 coilpack and fit that straight to the 1.3 block.

Cheers

Id sell the 1.3 and buy a 1.4 engine. Way easier.

Because the 1.4 is also a coilpack engine and a straight swap. If you want to use the 1.3 you need to swap the head. And then you still have the 1.0 cams so still lacking power so you also would want to swap the cams for the 1.3/1.4 ones. Way to much work when you can just swap in a complete engine

Because the 1.4 is also a coilpack engine and a straight swap. If you want to use the 1.3 you need to swap the head. And then you still have the 1.0 cams so still lacking power so you also would want to swap the cams for the 1.3/1.4 ones. Way to much work when you can just swap in a complete engine
Would putting a 1.4 coilpack head onto the 1.3 block work?

I want to do the same thing but mine is a 1.3i 1992 going into a 1.0 2001 can it still be done

No its because the coilpack uses a different cam sensor and doesnt use the distributor. The intake manifold is also different between the dizzy and coilpack but those can be swapped easily.