B

bal

im going to do an engine conversion to my 1litre to a 1.3

what exactly is needed?

-gearbox?
-ECU?
-clutch?
-driveshaft?

fairly new to engine conversions. i have some useful friends and the old man knows a bit, but i just need to know what parts i need

many thanks
bal

edit : its a k11 1997

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
masterbiker said:
Why don't you buy Titch's K11 1.3 conversion? He just put it on the buy and sell section.

He hasn't, check the dates, old thread being revived.

As for buying a 1.3, not point if the shell he's got is perfect, why risk buying something that may have rust or damagfe etc
1.6, thats more a project unless your mates know enough and are good welders to do it in a day like the 1L to 1.3 will be.

Anyways, like we spoke about Bal, you've listed what you defo need, the only thing thats been debated was the mounts so I'd make sure you have the 1.3 mounts with the engine and the 1L mounts just in case but I don't think you do, why would Nissan make 2 different shells for a car which has no actual variants? (except bumpers or interior bits).

K

kneival

These are some notes from when I did mine..

Ball joint remover (wedge one from halfords)
High melting point grease
Exhaust and inlet gaskets
Throttle Body gasket
Gearbox Oil
Engine Oil and filter
Engine Coolant
Degreaser
Rags
Torque Wrench
Mallet
Silicone Sealant

Different Stuff....

1.3 G/Box has diff shaft size, release bearing and release bearing clips.
1.3 box uses longer bolts to bolt g/box to eng.
1.3 eng had diff alternator wiring. My 1.0 had a large wire and a plug, 1.3 has two large wires.
1.3 has different size drive shafts and CV joint gearbox side.
Rear gearbox/eng mount is diff.
Front gearbox Mount is diff.

To convert you will need....

Engine and G/Box as one complete lump
Front and rear G/Box mounts.
Both driveshafts complete with CVs boots etc.
Gear change linkage bar.
1.3 ECU

Try to keep the intake manifold on with the TB on too - This will save money on gaskets and the engine can be installed with these items in place.

If you have NATS on your ECU you will need to get the key reprogramed or just keep your 1.0 ECU.

DAVEJUPP01

Ex. Club Member
so can anybody give me an estimate of how much it would cost for this conversion
i mean for the 1.3 engine g/box etc,

i am considering this conversion also it just depends how much roughly it gonna be as to when and how soon i can do this conversion i have a 2 mechanic mates and my dad also knows bout engines so i could be ok were that concerned

cheers Tom Ace