1.0 tickover speed

H

hannibal

hi has any one had issues with tickover speed. Just fitted a rev counter in my k10. The tickover is steady and it dosent hunt or run iratic but when warm it will tickover at 850 then drive for a while and it will tickover at 750 if i rev it up it will return to 850........the choke works fine as does the (speed up device for the lights etc).....its got me stumped..........Thanks

there is that biometric strip thing in the air filter that opens when hot alowing a bit more air in and leans the mixture a bit when it gets hot.

that "maybe" could be messing with your stable tickover

ive disabled mine with a bit of tissue.

mines disabled to mate...i blocked it off when i got the car.

its not that then :laugh:

nothing to do with the winter/summer thing on the airpan they "say" set it winter when cold to keep the idle stable fwn

you know the revs speed up when the fan comes on usually for about 10 seconds :shy:

yeah mate the idle speeds up to 1000rpm when the fan/lights or the heater is turned on so thats working fine. Ive tried the air pan flap summer/winter but had no effect. its strange somedays it idle,s at 850 some at 800 and other days it will tickover a 900. But like i say when it is idling it is smooth and steady it just alters speed from day to day

could be a sticky throttle cable

Just guessing now with the aid of strong beer :D

Im sure the more technical minded people will chip in soon :D

Back