1.0 cam

The timing chain is under some tension and the cams are attached to it by fairly large sprockets as far as I know so it doesn't seem likely even if they are over the top (DOHC engine)

You don't need to take the header off as long as you can find top dead centre without seeing the pistons

Ok thanks for reply got a set of race cams want to drop in just to try out aswell as jenveys, any body got throttle linkage for sale for jenveys.

easiest to do them 1 at a time then mate, i used to wedge a saw blade down the side of the tensioner to hold it in place and stop it ratcheting out

Will i only have to pull the timing plate off the head and leave everything else in place doing it like that frank.only want to do it literally for one heat of racing to quailify it for nationals. Going to be getting a full on race engine built then, whats the most power you heard of out of a cg10 mate can take it up to 1130cc

never did much good with 1.0,s n/a or turbo tbh dan, i think the key to getting hp from those is rpm,
the superbike engines only have about 70hp at 6k, but they can double that hp when they get to 13k,
the cg10 is a shortstroke strong engine that should rev near that in stock form (if you can evade valvebounce)

Well the car will have them cam and jenveys on it and it will be running on an omex ecu for now. What do you safely think i can set the revs to i wont be changing any bearings or anything as it will be like i said for once heat, but i may give it a hammering and push it in the second heat just to see what i can get out of it as it wont matter if it blows up ?

i would say 12k personally, there are some cg10+t ,s in japan iirc, you would need some superbike springs and lightweight buckets tho i guess,
the bigend bolts and pistons would probably be the 1st parts to let go

Ye i thought that as i bought the car with the with one of the pistons gone(let go). Well i will be doing it this week and i will see how it goes not costing me anything really so dont mind having a play, any idea of how much bike throttle body set up will sell for as i wont be using them

Back