1.0 Automatic Stiff Throttle Pedal

I'm back on here after a number of years, just picked up A COMPLETELY rust free 2002 Micra S 1.0 Auto. It's perfect apart from the throttle pedal. It's really stiff which makes it hard to control and tires your leg out after a few hours on the road. Think of driving a sports car with a fairly stiff clutch.

Is this just a thing on the auto? Never owned an automatic before. If not, how to I fix it?

Thanks I'll give that a go. Anybody with the CVT who can tell me what is normal? Definitely feels very different to my previous 2000 manual. It's barely even am issue, I just want the most relaxing automatic experience haha.

I fixed this today! It was the throttle cable at fault. Took the air box off and removed the cable from the throttle body and the pedal felt normal.

I read that WD-40 can attract dirt so instead I removed the cable from the clips on the rocker cover and wrapped some tape around the edge of the outer cable making a well around the hole with the inner cable inside.

I then filled the tape well with dry lube for bikes which evaporates leaving a lubricant so hopefully won't gunk up. Jerking the cable in back and forth in a fairly sexual manor helps get the lube in deeper ;)

The pedal is lighter than any car I've driven now which is amazing! I was a bit afraid the CVT felt sluggish but freeing up the pedal had made it so much more responsive and fun. Little go kart.

Thanks for the help, I probably would have just put it down to this being how automatics are.

Back