'08 Note Idle Problems

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Hi Guys,

My dad has a 2008 Nissan Note with the same CR14DE engine in as my K12. It's been sat for a few weeks whilst he's been recovering from a neck operation. When we went to use it for the first time the other day, it had a hesitation when pulling away from junctions, when I had a look, I suspected it might be a MAF problem as it was seeking around for an idle speed.

We swapped the MAF with my known good one from my K12, and it's not fixed it, when cold it can't even idle, runs a fast idle for about a minute then the revs drop off and it stalls. There's no engine warning light on, and I don't yet have a code reader to have a look further.

I'm thinking air or fuel starvation? What would be the best items to check?

Plug it in and run a diagnostic would be my first port of call if nothing is visibly out of order, anything else would be guesswork

OP
OP
Tchaaa

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Is it OBD II compliant? If so and you're local I've got one you can try :)

So we got it looked over by a garage today, they suspected the lambda sensor and replaced that and apparently it's throwing fuel into the exhaust, but they can't find why. No error codes and all good spark/airflow. They said it might be the ECU and to take it to Nissan. AKA, bend over and get ready for a sharp pain the wallet.