03 K12 1.0 petrol - problem with lack of power when engine gets warm

Hi All.
I'm looking for some help with a problem on my wife's '03 K12 Micra.
It starts fine and runs with no issues, until the engine gets warm (after about 5 minutes) then it starts to hesitate and lack power. If I dip the clutch the engine will rev freely up to the red line. If I accelerate hard it will accelerate but as soon as I back off the throttle it hesitates and jerks.
There don't appear to be any warning lights on or error messages on the dash.

The car is used mostly for short trips (less than 5 mins). The problem does not appear on these journeys.

I have replaced the plugs and air filter. I have also run some Redex type stuff through it with no difference.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it's very annoying if the car is used on a longer journey.

Thanks very much.
Andy

*please be gentle with me, I'm a newbie*

Had a very similar problem, see my recent post "poor performance solved". Mine was more noticeable after a longer spell of running than you are experiencing but it turned out to be a faulty thermostat not allowing the engine to operate at the correct temperature. Like you no warning lights or anything and tried the same solutions as you but they didn't work either. Might be worth a shot as I know exactly how annoying it can be.

Back