01 K11 1.0L Micra S - Was my first car a mistake? (Rusted rear axle, springs, etc)

So, essentially Ive been on the hunt for months for a clean Micra as my first car and saw a k11 micra S with only 50k on the clock. The paint is ruined:
Screenshot_20200823-182724_Facebook.jpg

It has a very slight rocker cover oil leak:
20200824_141540.jpg

And I got excited thinking like, oh it's all simple jobs I can do. The sills and shell is mint. But the 1 thing I didn't check was the rear axle/springs..
20200824_142125.jpg
20200824_142056.jpg

Gonna get it looked at in a Nissan dealership, but what'd you guys reckon? Beyond saving/cost more than the cars worth? Genuinely super disappointed. It drives great too and has 370 days MOT

The rocker and surface rust on the springs and axle normal for near 20year old car

Mileage means little to nothing tbh,
Find with micras you could wire wheel /brush most the rust off pretty easy,

I'd recommend tho a service , most lowmillage ones don't get propper service,
As time is as bad as millage ,

Check the tyres ect,

But that doesn't seems bad or a issue ,

Tho like I said , nissan dealer is laugh you out , claim is scrap or say it's ok for the age, tbh,

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Nothing wrong with that axle ,
Suspension components are only panted black so do rust )surface rust),
And don't bother with the nissan dealer ,

I got a friend that works at Nissan & He said they do a free look over, so thought it'd gimme a better idea if there's any hidden rust I couldn't see on the ground. If it's nothing structural I'm gonna be so thankful, might sand it down 'n give it a new coat & replace the springs (They were advisories)

The rocker and surface rust on the springs and axle normal for near 20year old car

Mileage means little to nothing tbh,
Find with micras you could wire wheel /brush most the rust off pretty easy,

I'd recommend tho a service , most lowmillage ones don't get propper service,
As time is as bad as millage ,

Check the tyres ect,

But that doesn't seems bad or a issue ,

Tho like I said , nissan dealer is laugh you out , claim is scrap or say it's ok for the age, tbh,

Yeah looked into the rocker an OEM gasket from Nissans £30 or a £20 one off ebay so I'm praying that is the source of the oil leak like it appears to be. According to the previous owner the things been serviced almost every year, had a look at the air filter and there isn't even a leaf and the oil's still golden so think he may be right. That or they were tryna hide the leak by filling it with fresh oil the day before lmao. 3/4 tyres are solid, one's a lil cracked on the sidewalls and the treads a little low.

Them rear springs shouldn't really be an advisory unless they are corroded where they are weakned ,
That tho off pics look more surface,

Oil if it smell petrolly it wants doing, lack of use constant cold starts /short runs not getting up to temp , doesn't do the oil good,

Find the sills wise , check for bubnling of the paint, and such,
Or pull the inner rear panels and you can look inside the sills them self,

Don't underseal the car,
Remove the plastic fuel filler cover,

Check the rear vents (always rotten on micras ),

And such,

There's a few rust spots most you can see tbh,

I'd put new springs and shocks on the back and not worry about the axle.

The look original, and at that age worth replacing. Check the front suspension too for perished joints. New joints and bushes make the car feel like a much better drive.

If it’s up for sale tho many people on here would want it. Wouldn’t even cleanup unless your worried but the metal is thick. Springs advisory on mot is a precaution for testers to cover there back if they snap going over brake rollers on the way out

I'd put new springs and shocks on the back and not worry about the axle.

The look original, and at that age worth replacing. Check the front suspension too for perished joints. New joints and bushes make the car feel like a much better drive.
Reckon when doing the springs and shocks it'd be worth wire brushing/sanding it all down 'n respraying it with rustoleum/another exterior paint to prevent future rust?

If it’s up for sale tho many people on here would want it. Wouldn’t even cleanup unless your worried but the metal is thick. Springs advisory on mot is a precaution for testers to cover there back if they snap going over brake rollers on the way out
Honestly, after what everyone's said I'm not super worried now. But still considering cleaning it up, love micras and to find what appears to be a super clean shell's got me wanting to take care of it 'n make it look good. Even under it

Back