0-60 time

well in my k10 im sure i managed 2.34 seconds 0-100mph (not that mine could make it to 100 even if it wanted to) :p
you should be looking at somewhere in the region of 15/17 seconds depending on how fast you can thrash that thing!!
just to let you know how quick that is the March superturbo from 1989 can do a quarter mile in that time :D

i'm glad its not just me
i use the speedo and the stop watch on my phone and get a passenger to time me
the passenger says start and starts the stopwatch and i get to 60 and say stop and they stop it
if i get no wheelspin on the launch and do 30 in 1st 50 ind 2nd it does it in about 10.5 seconds

Well my passenger clocked it at about 12 seconds, but I had an awful start due to my lanyard on my keys distracting me so I rounded it down. Probably about a half second or so down from the start. :p

Well unless my speedo's way out then I'm pretty sure it was less than that. I am in a K10... not sure if that would help argue my case :p. 1st to 20, 2nd to 50, 3rd +, 60 in 12ish secs. Simples. :)

i have a k11, i just had a drag race with my mate in his 1.2 80bhp punto and got to 60 about the same time as him. and he does it in 10.
both our speedos cant be out

like I said, bad speedo, 1.2 punto would do around 12 sec brand new. punto is also very heavy for small engine.

I mean BE REALISTIC! I got 2.0l 158bhp MR2, when brand new 7.2 sec. today I would be happy to make it under 10.

i never said it was a standard punto, its got at least 10 more bhp than standard

Ok so your mates punto which 10bhp on top of 60hp as standard on the 8v version is 70 car must weigh well over a tonne! And it's faster than my 1.2 700kg cardboard box?
I'm sorry I will need written proof to belive these figures!
Wheeler are you 1.0 or 1.2?

thats even faster than mine.. :p
great work my friend... :p (Y) :laugh:

PS:there is no chance to messure a 0-60 well with a human hand and from car speedo...
especially the VDO speedo is a thief itself i can say..some of them has and a 10mile fault....

awesome! so i wonder if mine is ever so slightly faster :p

Running a 1.2? Was thinking for future to do a MA12 transplant. I only did that time to get how it would be standard, when I get a job I'm gonna mod it up, starting with a K&N induction kit. :)

Will make a blog when I get monies for subscription, tis hard to come by spare cash for me now adays ;)

Ok so your mates punto which 10bhp on top of 60hp as standard on the 8v version is 70 car must weigh well over a tonne! And it's faster than my 1.2 700kg cardboard box?
I'm sorry I will need written proof to belive these figures!
Wheeler are you 1.0 or 1.2?

learn you facts mate punto's weigh under a tonne he has a 16v which has 80bhp as standard so he has 90bhp

learn you facts mate punto's weigh under a tonne he has a 16v which has 80bhp as standard so he has 90bhp
Ooooook Mr. Anger Please Re-read my post... the punto according to wikipedia weighs: "Curb weight 860–1050 kg" (oh look over a tonne!)
and 8 Valves such as stated in my post... "and the entry-level models had only a 1.2 petrol unit (with either 8 or 16 valves, giving 60 and 80 hp (60 kW) respectively) or a 1.9 diesel (with or without common-rail injection)" (unless its a facelift then there are 1.4 16v versions)
and 0-62mph is 15seconds on the base model. (unless its facelift after 2003 and then its 14.3seconds)

anyways you said you got to 60 at similar time to a "90hp" punto... wow that is a fast 1L you have :p

Link to wikipage: ANGRY CLICK!
Have a good day :D

I drove mothers k11 other day, 1.0 coilpack, thats a CGA10 or whatever? Anyway, so so SO slow. 0-60, maybe 15 seconds at best? Then again im used too an SR20DET haha :)

Talking about 0 60, do you think I can compete with my stock 1.0 prefacelift vs a Clio 2 1.2 of a friend of mine?

Talking about 0 60, do you think I can compete with my stock 1.0 prefacelift vs a Clio 2 1.2 of a friend of mine?

sometimes (not all) its the driver that knows wat he is dooin with the machinery at hand
so if you know your gear changes (not releesing the accelerater wen changing gears helps a heap dont it NO) YOU SHOULD BE givin him (clio clions clingons)trouble
sometimes--not all of the times

Back