How to reset service light of a K12?

M

MicraTR

I was searching it for 3 hours on the web but, couldnt.
my car has a service at 45000km but i do not wanna go.. so i have to reset the service light and icon on the dasboard.. my k12 is 2004.. CR12DE - 5Drs.
can anyone help me?

Hi Micra TR
this is a copy of a post from a website? Sorry i can't remeber which one, could have been this one!!
Hope this helps

holken Guest Re: Nissan Micra Service Indicator Reset « Reply #2 on: 21 08 2005 »
There is a service indicator and I too would like to know if it can be reset without needing the use of the Nissan dealer special handset equipment (Consult 2 etc). The message, together with a spanner image, comes up on the computer display screen when the dealer-set mileage has occurred. The screen is present on the SE version and above of the K12 1.2 Micra.I get the impression that it will only reset when a new 'miles to next service' has been input. How is this done? The information is not in the car's manual or on the service CD intended for Nissan workshop/s.

motorwise Top Member OfflinePosts: 1262 Re: Nissan Micra Service Indicator Reset « Reply #3 on: 21 08 2005 »
switch ignition on - press and release button at top left of centre console - select "maintenance" by pressing and releasing lower button at top right of the console - press and release upper button at top right of console - select "service" by pressing and releasing the lower button again - press and hold the upper button again for 20 seconds, the message "set distance to service" will appear in display - select "set next" by pressing and releasing lower button - press and release the upper right hand button, the message "due in xxxx miles" will appear in the display - press and release the left hand button to return to the main menu - switch off ignition - job donehope you followed that - it's not as hard as it seems - have fun

http://www.motorwise.net

hoken Guest Re: Nissan Micra Service Indicator Reset « Reply #4 on: 22 08 2005 »
Thanks for coming back and for the info. Yesterday, I saw another site had just replied (to an outstanding same query of several months ago) to say it could be done by holding down both the OK (top right) and the Down-Arrow button (just below it), for more than 10 seconds, while 'Service' is highlighted. A bit tricky how you press these two as the down arrow moves the highlight on to the next level. But after several tries I did it. Perhaps the trick is to press and hold the D-A button and then press and hold the OK one.Your instruction seems not to need the pressing of both together. I will try it.I now need to experiment to be able to set the miles to next 'Service' and also to correct the too-many miles I have put into 'Reminder 2'.

holken Guest Re: Nissan Micra Service Indicator Reset « Reply #5 on: 22 08 2005 »
I have just tested pressing only the OK button for longer than 10 seconds while 'Service' was highlighted, and it reset it and then gave me the option to set for a new mileage at 9,000 more. Thanks.

Back