Radio help

O

old skool micra

hey guys this is my first post, i've just started learning to drive and my cousin has given me his 1990 1.0 micra.

however, the radio doesnt work and when i pulled it out, the red and black wires aren't connected to anything, and there are a range of sockets that it could fit into. I don't want to risk blowing the electrics, so does anyone know where these wires should plug into? which colours they correspond to?

I think you need to be a bit more specific, maybe take a photo of the problem.

Is it an original micra radio, or an aftermarket one?
Are there any plugs/sockets, if so are they on the car/radio/both?

I think the original micra plugs from the car are white with a yellow top, if you still have these you can buy a ISO nissan adapter from ebay for less than £5. This will allow you to easily connect any modern radio with an ISO connector, and save you from cutting the original wiring.

If you can find out what red and black are then you may get more responses as to the wires they correspond to on the car. Generally Id say that black would be earth and red ignition but Ive seen some old radios that just seemed to be random... Like the manufacture just had some spare coloured wire to use or something.

Welcome to the MSC :glance:

I have fiddled about with the radio enough to know that the wires are all a mess lol. But it should be inscribed on the case of the radio which one is + and where - goes. It says in the haynes manual what all the wires are too.

Hi, I'm in a similar position to the first poster. I've got a 1989 K10 1.2GS, with no radio. I've checked out a nissan loom
PC2-13-4.jpg

Now I'm sure that part of the wiring will fit in the bottom part of the white block:

Image1312.jpg

Image1313.jpg

Image1318.jpg

but the first problem comes with the top block, and the black lead and the red lead from the car, plus the two cables with what looks like speaker attachments on. Where do they go?

If I manage to get this all attached, then will it go into the radio I have. It is a Ford Sierra 2006RDS. The wiring loom for this radio is:
PC2-08-4.jpg

But how will the two iso blocks marry?

Any suggestions gratefully received. As the car is a runabout, money is unfortunately at a premium, so as cheaply as possible please.

Willing to learn :)

Back