• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

martboy21's k11 super s blog

martinb

Ex. Club Member
hi people

well as some of you may remember i ahd my driving extended test this week and failed!:(:(

i didnt see the signs for national speed limit only saw the 50 signs so stuck at that

got back to the test centre and he failed me on that!GRRRR!!!

any way re-booked for 22nd of may so thought id start a blog about the car and show some mods so far

bearing in mind most of my work is in a tiny garage at night as dont have the time in the day ive managed to do quite a bit!!

i'll go down there now and take some photos of what ive been up too!!

cheers all and please i like constructive critisism so please comment

You should argue that the government are going to drop the limit to a 50 and just say you were trying it out :D.
Unlucky tho mate, it really is the worst feeling when you fail. But youll get it soon.
My mate took 8 attempts before he passed. lol. i still dont get in the car with him. lol ko!

Yeh, lets see some pics, i just got my supers yesterday. :D

i almost felt like crying!!sounds ott but ive waited 7 1/2 years since my accident and 5 year ban,not a day goes past i dont think about driving

its my passion,i love cars,i love modifying,just cant help it!

just joined full membership so i could post pictures!

i start up loading what i have.;0

ah another super s owner,such a cool little car!what colour you get?

front pic of car when i got it

11042009209.jpg

NO DANGER, thats mine!!! haaaa i got a white one too, this is gunna be brilliant! two white micras, it will be good seeing how we get them turning out!!! hahahahaha a:D:D:D

ano ,ive been after the car for ages, ill get a blog up soon.

mate, that sounds mega crap, i was goin mad when my other micra got a prohibition notice and i couldnt drive it for a few weeks.
Feel sorry for ya mate, but youll be on the road soon! lol :D

this will be good mate,same cars,same colour, can see what each other does

right firstly bought wheels

now these are wedssport rs-5

very very expensive rare japanese light weight racing alloys only 5 kg each

this is how i bought them,

DSCF2315.jpg

17042009218.jpg

17042009215.jpg

unfortunately it was, not going to go into depth but i was 17 in mums car, unisured, provisional lisence, car infront driven by 15 year which was nicked, he slammed on his brakes with no brake lights at night.

i saw it late lost control and went head on with oncoming motorbike,

airbag saved my life, car took his

i will never forget neither can i comprehend or forgive myself to what i had done to his family,

ive paid my time though, and they lady has forgiven me as it was proved i wasnt speeding,drunk,drugged etc just a very unfortunate accident that was fatal

17042009217.jpg

i know you can still see some yellow but touch up has been applied ;)

copied the light design, apologies for stealing the lime light,but any cheap mods i can do the better, also the basics, open mouth grill

DSC_1634.jpg

DSC_1635.jpg

DSC_1636.jpg

bought the grill of fleebay for a score in black,

got it and it was coverd in stick carbon fibre stuff and hiding all the cracks in the fibre mod, sanded and sprayed and the bloke didnt post the mesh,but still it looks ok

started de-bump stripping last night, used a heat gun,took it off in less than a minute!! just got to wd40 the residue off!

DSC_1637.jpg

as you can see its very limited space in there!!

i didnt have any spray so use black tape,worked perfect and dint cost me anything

seroiusly you try and explain to the mrs why i HAVE to spray them,she just DONT get it

light lens were off i 2 mins with heat gun so eventually i'll do it properly,makes it look better imoa

right more photos

one wheel isnt on as when i took them to get tyres the man didnt check the valves,

with it inflated it holds pressure, if you push the vavle to the side it leaks,

i let down the tyre this morning but cannot for the life of me get the tyre off to tighten the back nut,

if i was driving i would just pop out to the same tyre shop but not as easy on the bus!!

any sugeestions,didint really want to put on then get a blow out etc?
DSC_1633.jpg

DSC_1631.jpg

DSC_1630.jpg

DSC_1632.jpg

DSC_1648.jpg

seriously need 50mm lowering springs from matt/mph

just trying to get some cash together for them

if i could only reverse the car out to take some decent photos!!

when i got the car the paint work was very chalky etc

i spent hours an hours t-cutting, it may not look shiny now as its dirty again(and white) but belive me the paint is so smooth now and like new

i love t-cut!

right interior pictures

DSC_1638-1.jpg

cheap mountey steering wheel, 25 quid halfords sale!!

ebay boss kit,said 'type r' on horn button so ripped it off!

DSC_1639-1.jpg

head unit with aux input,this is great as i can use ipod but it plugs into side of my n95 8gb phone and i have full surround handsfree, cant catch me mr pig!! wired behind dash for neat install, will probably hard wire a cheap 12v ciggarette phone charger into the cigerette lighter wires aswell

DSC_1640-1.jpg

free sony xplod sub (donated by brother in law) and old amp i had lying around, it
all works just need to tidy it up a bit

DSC_1641.jpg

random pointless photo!lol

wheels look awsome...

my old steering wheel had they type r badge on the horn (same as yours) so i just took the it apart and sparyed the badge black, then put it back together :D

ah didnt think of that, dont know where i put it?think i frisbeed it some where ha ha,cheers for the wheels, as soon as th focus moves ill get it out and take a few photos mate (if it moves that is!?)

Great looking Micra you have there Martyboy, Looks ace in White. Will you be spray painting any of the interior to match?

maybe,not to sure,just wanna get exterior done first, badly want 50mm so any money i get will go towards that, cheers for the comments guys(Y)

im on my phone doing this so it only allows me to write small amount

Oh dear,just had this uncontrollable moment which lead me to phone matt humphries (mph) and order:

50mm lowering springs
Janspeed cat back system!

Oooh cant wait to fit them!

Also matt said the super s is heavier than rest of micra variants so will go nearer the 55mm mark!

also got new official standard micra black car mats from ebay with fitting kit, brand new 8 quid,fitted them last night look cool!

Also finished my rear wiper delete last night and have taken boot handle of to spray it to colour code.

Am now left with hole obviously and cant find anywhere that sells the blocking plate,can anyone help?

Was thinking of filling it,sandin,spraying,not sure though,would it blend in with existing paint work with rubbing compound or would i have to spray whole boot?

Please help!?

Also found how to do longer messages....

also got new official standard micra black car mats from ebay with fitting kit, brand new 8 quid,fitted them last night look cool!

Also finished my rear wiper delete last night and have taken boot handle of to spray it to colour code.

Am now left with hole obviously and cant find anywhere that sells the blocking plate,can anyone help?

Was thinking of filling it,sandin,spraying,not sure though,would it blend in with existing paint work with rubbing compound or would i have to spray whole boot?

Please help!?

Also found how to do longer messages....

erm what the hell has happened to my two last post's 'automerged doublepost'?

erm what the hell has happened to my two last post's 'automerged doublepost'?

oh dear, i appear to have an evil twin copying what im writing,

Nooooooooooo! Leave me alone .....

janspeed catback fitted last night,what a quality piece of kit.

Rear springs on aswell,been up till 5.30 this morning doing everything!

I gotta say,it looks ######ing awesome, i measured the rear drop ... 59mm,have got amp and sub though

At work at the moment but i'll update with some pics when i get home i'll take a few.

Just wanted to say thanks to mph
For suppyling the kit,it truely is a very good quality setup,delivery was within 24 hours door to door and he also chucked in a gear knob and hat,top bloke!

Seriously guys dont bother with 35 mm when u can have almost 60mm!

Oh yeah completely forgot to re measure the bloody hole again! Ha ha 'bloody hole'

Cheers and thanks again matt :)

kool mate im going from 35mm to 50 mm soon and matt is a legend in my eyes have you bought just the shocks and springs as i would defenatly recomend getting the full anti roll bar setup as well will handle like a go-kart and also get a lower and upper strut brace

i await for the pics also should look mint

there's me worrying that 50mm drop wouldn't be enough, seriously i might need to roll my rear arches.

Kept walking past the car and thinking what the hell happened to it,i feel like a giant when i open the boot,its such a difference.

Jim if money wasn't such an issue or i had some i'd get all strut bars/braces whiteline can offer!

Haven't started it since the janspeed went on,so tempted to have little burn but i have to wait 21 days till my test. :( still no ones in when i get home...

hi modded, well you will only have a extended test if you have been banned/disqualified from driving. So before they have even met you they already have an idea that you were drunk/drug driving or acting like a prick etc.

For the test your still only allowed 14 minors but there harsher on you and you have longer to make those mistakes. I was on the road,wheels on the ground for 120 mins,concentrating as hard as i could because i want it so much. My nan said she would much rather give birth again than have another driving test!!

Right i've got a few diy's of here for fitting lowering springs,bit of confusion, do i need spring compressors for the front?
Mph says its possible to do it without them,has anyone else tried?

Halfords do spring retainers/clamps for 10 quid so might get them if needed.

Modded where u get your blanking grommit from?

wow, 2 hours is a long time. I guessed thats the only reason you would get one, I was just interested how stringent it was.
My blanking grommit was front another micra so i'm not sure where it came from originally.

heres a few pics as promised,the car is no where near finished but then thats what a blog is i guess

enjoy!:)

THE FRONT HAS NOT BEEN LOWERED ONLY THE REAR!!!!

excuse the phone pics,proper camera has dead battery

01052009235.jpg

01052009236.jpg

01052009237.jpg

01052009238.jpg

01052009240.jpg

01052009241.jpg

01052009242.jpg

01052009243.jpg

01052009244.jpg

Right i've got a few diy's of here for fitting lowering springs,bit of confusion, do i need spring compressors for the front?
Mph says its possible to do it without them,has anyone else tried?

looking good martboy (Y)
you can use the weight of the car to release/compress the front springs (ie, remove the top nut, then jack the car up to release the preload)

cheers frank ill give it a go over the weekend mate,didnt photo the other side as have cleaned off the glue from de bump stripping!!

found my fav photo

looks ALOT lower and mean in real life

01052009240-001-1-1.jpg

ah cheers toney,not too sure when i'll be doing them,got busy weekend!?:(

cheers for the offer though, wanna go to a south meet soon, next on jap fest/show at pod?

14" by 6 iirc

ah cheers toney,not too sure when i'll be doing them,got busy weekend!?:(

cheers for the offer though, wanna go to a south meet soon, next on jap fest/show at pod?

they are there if you want them just give me a pm

we need to organise this year brighton meet not that il be in the micra

mate im jelouus of how clean your car is, i wish mine was half as clean as that!
Looking really good though mate got many more plans for it?

Adam

at the moment go few bits left to do then enjoy driving(if i pass my test)

Ive attempted to colour code my rear boot handle and im on my third attempt!

for some reason i keep ####ing it up, ive sprayed many many objects before but i seem to keep rushing this one,still final coat of clear laquer then t-cut and polish to make it shine and get rid of any imperfections then its done,

list of things to do

* finish colour coding
*find 30MM BLANKING GROMMIT
* t- cut boot and rear bumper
* fit front 50mm mph lowering springs
* re-route cold air intake
* new number plates (just replacements as it tidys up the car a bit)
* thinking about losing the aerial and earthing/grounding to car frame and fitting blanking plate which ill colour code
* mount amp on back of rear seat for more room
*err cant think of anymore at the mo
oooh um clear side repeaters from halfords at some point

cars clean mate as it just sits in garage,its actually dirty when you get closer up to it

courlor code the door handles next :D will go with the boot handle...

car looks mega tidy. i have probs said this alreday? lol

i love it!

right i have tried for the last few evening's to get front springs off,took the whole damper etc out, i've tried everything and failed so i've bit the bullet and getting the garage to swap over. They wanted 80 quid to fit them,so i took both suspension units off and rang them back...... 'er call it 20 quid mate'

Result i thought, the mrs dropped them up this morning,lets hope they 'can' fit them?

Nothing else much has been done really as cant get in garage as full up with rubbish and cant get near me car. Still im coming home loaded with heavy duty binbags and a cleaning frenzy will happen!

Brother in law can get custom gear gaitors in any colour/stitching for 14 pound,gonna get in black leather but not sure of stitching probably red as car white/red/black trying to steer clear of blue on this car.

Also making my own open mouth grill as the other ones finish is cack. Gonna change it a little though.

Also took squarepants advise and sprayed the horn button,looks ace. Cheers for the idea mate :)

Just need an adjustable panhard rod if anyone has one for sale?i've been pming people and no ones replying?

Cheers

fitted all today after work and quick wash with autoglym bodywork shampoo and conditioner,

right.....

still need to remove one half of bump strip residue and complete new grill, also the rubber bungs fit!!! colour coding them so will let you know how it goes

now for photos

these are from my phone unfortunately

06052009259.jpg

06052009260.jpg

06052009261.jpg

06052009262.jpg

06052009263.jpg

06052009264.jpg

06052009266.jpg

06052009267.jpg

06052009268.jpg

06052009269.jpg

(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

(Y)(Y)

schweeeeeeeeet, i feel some toons coming along.........
loving the car mate, top notch. you thought bout splitters etc or you keeping it as it is?? also are you getting some clear side repeaters and colour code door handles?? will look even sweeter

hi mate,trying to refrain from sticking bits on car like splitters,its nice not to worry about ripping them of etc over bumps

not sure on indicators, dont know whether clear or smoke the current ones?

want to do the handles only im a gas man and will use this to get to and from work, my hands are black by the end of the day and will be forever cleaning the damn handles!!

cheers for the comments mate,appreciate it :)

Back