• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Toms 1.0

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
its no way near as impressive as the rest of the micras on here but its my one :grinning:

havent done too much to it yet, just small things like the eyelids and the trim and debumping,

hoping to lower it in the next few weeks as well as a strut brace,

with the huge sub in the boot its more music than car, but with my new GA16 airbox with K&N filter its on its way, once i get my bonus i'll be putting 1.3 cams and janspeed mani in it too :)

next mod will be some clear indicators and the dials off an SI ( cheers broony )

hope you like it, please comment on what you think, any ideas or advice are more than welcome!

i look forward to keeping you up to date on what i get up to (Y)

cheers for looking,

Tom

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

thanks for the nice comments guys :)

modded: i'm hoping to colour code the rest of the bump strips, looked odd with none on due to the black bits on the bumpers.

Ahmed: Er.... dont bash me too much for this but its just an exhaust trim from hellfreuds, had a peco one but i couldnt get the damn thing to fit so it had to go.

cheers,

Tom

looking good, so was the exhaust a universal one and you just welded it on to the origional pipeing of the standard exhaust?

looking good, so was the exhaust a universal one and you just welded it on to the origional pipeing of the standard exhaust?

its just a bit of trim, had to cut the bend off the original exhaust and screw this one one,

got it for a tenner, should have been 30 but i wasnt going to correct they guy when i bought it,

but its just an extention on the original exhaust, but looks much better than i'd thought it would

got there in the end lol

hoping to get a similar looking exhaust, got my eyes on a peco one, just need to find one short enough to fit :(

looking good pal should look loads more better once you have de-trimed it all ! are you losing the 16v stickers aswell ?

engine looks very clean nice smart micra you got there

you will have to let me know how much of a difference the 1.3 cams make

thanks mate :)

i'm planning on colour coding the rest of the bump strips, planning on getting a facelift facelift boot handle so i can finish the de-badging, but the 16V will go when i get time this weekend fingers crossed

i'll let you know about the cams mate :) should be getting done in the next few months,

just ordered some smoked indicators and my strut brace, well excited now, its all coming together!

cool yours looks just how mine started off but mine didnt have alloys or spoiler

can also fit a pre face lift boot handle on to de badge it,ive been to nearly every scrap yard in sheffield for a facelift facelift and i cant find 1 :(

hmmmm i might have to look into that then mate,

cheers for the heads up,

yeah i have to admit i was lucky getting this one, the old boy bought all the spoilers and alloys, saved me some hassle...

Little update,

ordered some new windscreen wipers,

fitted these

lights.jpg

lights2.jpg

look alright, really blue looking but apparantly they are legal so i guess i'll find out soner or later

oh and i'm ordering my springs and strut brace on friday!!!!!!!

Thank you :)

my flat window wipers turned up today, look a bit cheap but as long as they work i'll be happy about them, desperately needed them, will get some pics tonight or tomorrow depending on how much time i get toight, busy trying to buy some bits for the girlfriends punto :(

wiper.jpg

just finished putting my final bits of wiring in to my rear speakers and sub,

got four pioneers, two in the front doors then two in the parcel shelf,

the amps just a "twister" one, had to sell my alpine one for funds, still got the decent alpine sub though

wires need tidying up a bit but that shouldnt take too long and at least its all working now (Y)

speaker.jpg

sub.jpg

anybody got any ideas on how i could tidy those wires up though?

need to upgrade this now though...

stereo.jpg

To tidy the wires I'd put the ones that are running along the floor underneath the carpet.

The ones for the parcel shelf you can secure them to the underside using whatever works, then get a little plug/socket thing to put on the wire so you can take the shelf out should you need to. I got one from halfords, but I don't have any speakers in yet!

as above i put all my wires under the carpet n sliced a little hole to put them threw to get them to the amp ! and stapled my speaker wire to the shelf

and maybe hide the amp behind the sub box

cheers guys,

i'll give that a go in the next few days,

finally got my blue side lights looking right, shame it took miserable weather to do it :(

blue.jpg

Ah ####ing hell

####### ####ING CUNTING KNOB OF A WHITE VAN MAN REVERSED INTO MY CAR AND GOT AWAY WITH IT! I HATE BEEN A TEEN DRIVER!

unbelivable,

the guy reverses clean into the front of my car,

admits liability at the side of the road.

then tells his insurance company that i drove INTO HIM!

and i'm only third party so i had to cancel and withdraw my claim becuase its not worth the hassle, not like he has any damage on his huge van, luckily he doesnt want any money off me.... yet.

its put a nice split my bumper and caused one of my dash lights to come on. going to have to cancel my springs and strut brace now to pay for the repairs and to get my ECU sorted, i'll post pictures tomorrow :down:

on a lighter note....

I ordered a new piper cross filter for my GA16 airbox to replace my K&N one and my smoked indicators turn up tomorrow.....

Sorry to rant. god i'm gutted.

aww that's #### man.

You do have his details though....right? ;)

oh #### yes lol

bring on halloween.....

Modded: mate they are the witnesses, but they only heard it, they didnt see it so they cant help :doh: and the cctv wasnt watching the right area, so hands are tied, nothing i can do unfortunately, just hoping that he doesnt claim whiplash or something...

Lookng for a replacement bumper..

would this fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Micra-...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

would be nice, but i think i'm being optimistic arent i?

oh #### yes lol

bring on halloween.....

Modded: mate they are the witnesses, but they only heard it, they didnt see it so they cant help :doh: and the cctv wasnt watching the right area, so hands are tied, nothing i can do unfortunately, just hoping that he doesnt claim whiplash or something...

Lookng for a replacement bumper..

would this fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Micra-K11-Super-S-front-bumper-with-fog-lights_W0QQitemZ270363668407QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item270363668407&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

would be nice, but i think i'm being optimistic arent i?

sorry to hear about the bump. that bumper want fit its for a pre facelift.

sorry to hear about that m8 just as things was going well aswell

so annoying when youve saved up then you have to go spend it on something you really dont want to :mad::mad:

Thanks your help guys,

what i think i'm going to do is get it plastic welded,my dads got a guy who can reset my ECU...

might still get a strut brace,

would it be effective on standard springs though?

omg people must like crashing into micra's in the uk, how many people now has this happened too its like a curse or something

got a pic here, its not too bad but its stil a massive pain,

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

this light wont turn off now either, what could it be?

i think it might be my hand brake switch, its not my brake fluid levels because i checked then :(

......pain in the arse

Sorry to hear this mate, funny enough I seen a woman drive into a Mercedes A-class today, she got out and laughed. The woman was not impressed..... I drove past and the word "statistic" sprung to mind :p

^Yeah i can imagine,

my guitar teacher was telling m how he was fleeced for £500 over 20 years ago over an accident he wasnt even involved in, some woman swore blind he was and the judge ruled in her favour, the whole insurance thing is just stupid but oh well...

I've found a guy who will plastic weld it for me and to cover the scar i'm goignt to get a strip of carbon fibre and put it across the top of my bumper to hide it,

picked my indicators up today,

smoked ovals :)

I havent had a chance to fit them, but will be doing it tomorrow so i'll get the pics up tomorrow :)

decided i can still afford the strut brace and maybe springs next month,

planning on checking my brakes on sunday to try and sort this light out as well.... oh and oil change lol

too many things to do :(

^Yeah i can imagine,

my guitar teacher was telling m how he was fleeced for £500 over 20 years ago over an accident he wasnt even involved in, some woman swore blind he was and the judge ruled in her favour, the whole insurance thing is just stupid but oh well...

I've found a guy who will plastic weld it for me and to cover the scar i'm goignt to get a strip of carbon fibre and put it across the top of my bumper to hide it,

picked my indicators up today,

smoked ovals :)

I havent had a chance to fit them, but will be doing it tomorrow so i'll get the pics up tomorrow :)

decided i can still afford the strut brace and maybe springs next month,

planning on checking my brakes on sunday to try and sort this light out as well.... oh and oil change lol

too many things to do :(

sorry to hear this :( does the induction pipe make any difference? good luck mate.

that crack in the bumper doesnt look to bad. i know what you mean about it beeing annoying though.

warn light could be to do with handbrake. or brake fluid.

ahmed : thank you, er not really but it looks quite good when you lift the bonnet, makes me smile anyway :) it certainly sounds a bit different but onyl when i really give it some in 2nd or in 5th at about 80 - 90 mph, but takes an ages and a down hill slope to get there!

sqaurepants: i've checked the fluid and its good so it must be the switch, going to hopefully fix it tomorrow/today :) the crack is a pain and its also the exact same on the bottom so its a pain :(

dials turned up today, but unfortunately i'm stuck to think how to er well clock them back from 120,ooo ish to the 43K my car has done....

any ideas anybody?

ah ok, thank you Frank

but did that not ruin them for when the counter moved forward?

i only want to do it so when it comes to MOT's and selling it, the milage hasnt tripled....

just swap back for the standard ones for MOT and when you sell it...

what dials have your brought SI ones?

yeah its a set of SI ones,

but if i do that my car will never age so it'll be well if anything, ilegal :s so i'm really stuck now about what to do.

ah ok, thank you Frank

but did that not ruin them for when the counter moved forward?

i only want to do it so when it comes to MOT's and selling it, the milage hasnt tripled....

theres a guide on how to change the mileage. 4 screws just swop it over.

fit the SI ones and just keep them in..when it comes to MOT time tell them that there new dials and put that milage down on the certificate...and when you sell the car tell them it has new dials and roughly has this (old mileage) on :) as said you could try and wind the clocks back on the SI dials.

theres a guide on how to change the mileage. 4 screws just swop it over.

but my old dials have an electronic milegae display and the new ones are anologe?

but where abouts is this guide? anything would help, thank you :)

i might do that but only if its the last option, just seems a shame to give my car "80,000" miles over night lol

but my old dials have an electronic milegae display and the new ones are anologe?

they should be electronic...if there prefacelift ones they wont fit. as its cable driven speedo not electric.

put some pics up of the dials, and i will tell you if they will fit or not ;)

i asked nissan and they said they should fit, prefacelift or not. ########.

anybody want to buy some dials....

Well after the disappointment of finding out i bought the wrong dials, i did my brakes, changed all the pads and topped up my brake fluid. fitted my new wipers as well, nice not hear that horrible sssqqquuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaak! everytime it gets a bit damp...

DSC00234.jpg

met up with my mate and had a blast round his land chasing his KA sport, got a little bit muddy though :)

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

going to have time to fit all my extra bits tomorrow :)

oh and sqaurepants these are the dials i bought but i dont think they will fit now :(

DSC00231.jpg

yearh mate there the wrong ones. there SR dials, super s ones where the same but black (dont fit) facelift ones are green (from an SI) and black (from other 1.3 models) they look the same as what you have on the car now but with a rev counter.

thats a shame,

hopefully i can sell them off to somebody on here then,
thanks for your help mate,

doing the rounds of the scrap yards to try and find some then, or i might just buy a seperate one and a door frame pod for ne instead then....

where theres a will theres a way lol

Back