• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Optispart(mark) Blog

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
Optispart(mark)'s K11 Blog

Here is the start of my Micra blog!!:grinning:
Ive not done much yet as im a little strapped for cash, but so far ive installed 6X9 JBLs, crappy exhaust tip, spoiler/lip, sprayed the toe rings red new gear knob and new head unit oh and autoart side repeaters clear ones hated those traffic light round orange ones lol.

The micra is a 93 prefacelift k11 1 litre anyway here are some pictures and any suggetions would be nice cheers guys.

DSC00289.jpg

Sprayed toe ring not the best job lol

DSC00292.jpg

Lip spoiler think it was off an ally but i really like the look of them!

DSC00290.jpg

repeaters ones from halfords same as moddedmicra :p

DSC00293.jpg

Engine bay needs a big clean and the cone filter replacing with a full cold air induction.

the pics are not the best ill try and get some more good ones up, a list of some things set to come when i get my money through,

Stuff to be done more added all the time:
Ahsley backbox_/
15inchalloys_/
colour coding (wingmirrors, handles, bumpers)
spray interior
front and rear splitter
1.3cams
remote central lock system like moddedmicra lol_/
panel filter instead of the universal cone i have on now!_/
aftermarket steering wheel
de-bumpstrip_/

any suggestions or anything im open :)
cheers guys,
mark

looking good mate (Y) good plans too :D add an open mouth grille to the list aswell i recon :D

and de-bumpstripping (Y)

you've gotta start somewhere, and this is as good as anywhere :) ...no need to worry about your current knowledge either, cos you'll soon start to figure things out the more you fiddle with the car.

looks good, a good basic car to start with :) i love these little 1.0l models because i cant help but see tones of modding potental in them, they are so simple that you could do anything with them, not like the Si with air con and pas etc..

not like the Si with air con and pas etc..

mine and my mum si dont have aircon or pas. some si's didnt come with them. lol but i know what your saying, tbh wish i had a base model to start, then i wouldve probs fitted a lip spoiler like his. and base models are the best to have if your stripping and loosing weight ;)

yer, its lovely n light :p cant wait to have more done.

Im starting to hear a slight knocking i hopew its not my cams :(
anyone else have slight knocking/rattle?
cheers

im gonna put an aftermarket steering wheel on aswell change the pedals stuff like that :D
cant wait lol,
any plans for yours when ya get it?

awesome, done some cleaning on the engine bay today looks alrite just wanna know how to get a great shiny finish on the rocker cover!

Do you mind me asking how much they were? I just went to halfords to get some but they were 19.99. Other almost identical ones were reduced to a tenna

Update

Bit of an update here, i de-bumpstripped the car today some pictures,
I really like the look now doesnt look so... standard? :S lol

pics anyway.

DSC00299.jpg

The start

DSC00302.jpg

almost done was a bit of a ###### to get the last bits off.

DSC00303.jpg

done

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

Im going to give it a proper clean n bit of a rub down and polish when i have some more time
cheers mark

lookin good...how did you go about getting the strips off?

just use a credit card of some sort, i used my phone top up card and snapped it :S but dont ripp them off as the paint can come off aswell go slow. then once off use label remover or t-cut/ super resin polish and start using the card agian to ridd of the sticky spongey stuff.

yer im gonna next, i used a plastic knife lol dint scratch or anything and i used autoglym tar remover and t-cut, worked great :)
cheers for lookin guys

Heres a small update just added an oil breather filter lol

DSC00309.jpg

also how can i get a really good finish on the engine bay/rocker cover?
cheers guys
mark

update

Well here is my next update and its a mod i really love!

ive installed remote central locking! :D

it works really well was a bit of sod to get in at first but now it works its great took a couple of pics along the way anyway!

DSC00312.jpg

passenger side

DSC00314.jpg

drivers side

DSC00313.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

Now i should thank joe(moddedmicra) for the help with a good source to wire to which was the ignition barrel cheers matey.

PS not the best pics beacuse i had to use my phone!
cheers mark

hmmm its not to hard its frustrating at first but the wires ar fairly easy to hide away the result is quality though :D

n cheers joe!

Small update, i sprayed the dial surround red and the front of the ash tray and also here is a pic of the blue LEDs in the dials im thinking of replacing them red though!

when i started spraying,

DSC00336.jpg

the surround

DSC00339.jpg

the ash tray.

And the result,

DSC00340.jpg

its not the best pic and the ashtray needs another couple of coats,
im still yet to spray the centre console.

here is the LEDs
DSC00335.jpg

comments appreciated cheers guys.
mark

PS ill get some proper pictures in the morning to give the full effect so to speak! lol

another small update, i bought some simple wheel trims that were the same look as alloy i want so i bought them and put them on to see what it would look like and i really like the result so i think i will go ahead with them in 14s or something, what do you guys think?

cheers mark

DSC00323.jpg

full view:

DSC00342.jpg

cheers for looking
mark

also needs a damn good wash n wax

Coming along nicely, I used to have those wheel trims, lol. Great paint job on the surround and console, I've just repainted mine because I'm build in the undercar kit control box into it.

Did the paint stick okay to the ashtray?

it took a few coats on the ashtray i had to give it a rub down inbetween and before coats after that it was ok!

Ive started colour coding now and ive started off with the boot handle,
here is a pic of when i started,
DSC00353.jpg

ill post up some more pics when its finished and installed cheers
mark.

likin it so far mate, like the led's. i had an ally spoiler, but came across a ss one.
remote locking is great, is yours connected to your indicators?

Back