Hello from Japan (yup...jdm available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmisme

Ex. Club Member
Hello all. Just thought I would introduce myself before I do anything else. My name is Don. I've lived in Japan since I was 18 years old. April of this year marked my 20th year here (yeah, that's 38 years old if you don't have the calc handy...hehe). I've had 3 jobs during my time here...the first 3 years was in the U.S. Military. The next 13 years was spent as the owner/operator of an English school mainly geared towards teaching children. During the last couple of years of teaching English I started getting into selling JDM parts as a side business. I've always been a bit of a motor head so dealing with cars/parts was more of a hobby for me than anything. I was into drifting for a couple of years during that time, also. Here is a link to the Nissan Cefiro that I put together from scratch...it took a long time to get it right...piece by piece, bit by bit (warning...the web page was originally made to help sell the Cefiro when I decide to get out of drifting so it sounds more like a sales pitch than anything...but here it is: http://www.newageenglish.com/vids/SR20DETCEFIRO/cefiroe.html

After a couple of years selling JDM parts on the side, I decided I really enjoyed working with cars more than I did kids (I know...it's sounds heartless, but you try working with 2-10 year olds every day for 13 years...) and closed down my school to take up JDM as my only source of income. I've been doing it now for 4 years, full time.

I initially only sold parts to buyers in North America with some random sales in other countries such as the U.K., Germany, France, Australia, New Zealand Italy, etc... I branched out and starting selling items on Australia, Germany and U.K. eBay. My next step is to get my own website up and running so that I can stop selling on flea bay (yeah...I don't like that place either) but I haven't been able to find the time to do it (I've been saying this for years...sigh). I made a site about 6 years ago called JDMbay but I just didn't have the initiative to keep it up. Hopefully I can get that going again, someday.

Well, to the reason why I am here at your Micra forums...I just realized, about 3 weeks ago, that the Nissan March was a popular car in Europe. I had NO idea. I started researching which JDM parts, if any, were wanted items. Come to find out that there are quite a bit of them being sought after. I sold a few parts a couple of weeks back to buyers in the U.K. after posting them on U.K. eBay. After seeing the number of members at this site it's safe to say that those buyers are more than likely members here.

After those inital sales I started looking at March's with more detail...then I came across the IMPUL MARCH that some of you have seen, already. I obtained a number of other parts from both pre-facelift and facelift models and I have almost all of them currently posted on U.K. eBay and Australia eBay. The final two parts that I have available will be posted in the next few hours.

I am currently the member of many other vehicle specific forums in the U.S., U.K., Germany and Australia. I realize that different sites have differnt ways of doing things. I hope to get in line with your site as soon as possible while stepping on as few toes as possible (prior apologies for any mistakes I may make, initially). This is, what I hope to be, the start of a very long relationship with the members here at Micra Sports Club.

I'll see you around the forums!

Sounds like the beginning of a wonderful relationship haha!

Will you be offering parts you have or do we just ask you to get hold of parts for us? Hopefully both ;)

What sort of shipping rates do you offer also? and are they covered against loss or damage?

Excellent idea though dude! and like i said, i can't see you struggling for custom here in the UK :D

Welcome!

Matt (Y)

Welcome to the club JDMISME, it sounds as if you will be a great addition to the MSC and am sure the rest of the guys would agree.

Yeah the Micra is really popular in Europe so I could imagine that you would appeal to quite a large market, you got any links to the items you are selling?

Hope you enjoy your stay at the club :)

Craig

Welcome,

I reckon you should PM Kev who is the club chairman, he may be able to set you up as an official site trader, although as a member you can post up whatever parts you have laying around for the K11.

Ollie

Thanks for the replies!

Will you be offering parts you have or do we just ask you to get hold of parts for us? Hopefully both ;)

Thanks to the immediate warm welcomes, I don't have many doubts that this will be another winning site so I will be continually offering items for sale as they come available to me. For the most part I only obtain parts for re-sale which are available locally to me so I can never say when the next vehicle will be available for parts. I have a route of about 10 different junkyards with which I usually make weekly visits to for parts. The March is a fairly common vehicle here so I don't foresee any shortage of parts...it's just a question of WHICH parts will be available. Option items parts are hit and miss as you probably know...sometimes they're there, sometimes they're not. These IMPUL parts that I currently have....you may want to go ahead and consider those ONCE in a lifetime parts. My experience with older vehicles and aftermarket body/tuning parts is that the parts VERY VERY RARELY come around.

I won't be taking any direct orders for parts initially, either. I'm am VERY new when it comes to March/Micra parts so I need to familiarize myself with the details and curent 'going' prices for the individual parts. I have to be sure that the parts I obtain will be worthwile parts. I really don't have any idea how much the parts that I currently have available will go for so I'm taking a small risk right off the bat. But, that's something that comes with the territory and I'm used to it.

What sort of shipping rates do you offer also? and are they covered against loss or damage?

Shipping rates are pretty simple...I only charge USD$1.00 (yes...that's a single 1..not a mistype) over the actual shipping cost (this is put towards packaging materials). If some costs seem expensive, please don't shoot me...that's what they charge at the post office...with the exception of that $1, of course. I use the current exchange rates to figure shipping costs from Japanese yen to GBP or AUD.

With that said, a note about packaging: I feel that, as a seller, packaging is my responsibility. I take pride in my packaging. The parts that I mail are very RARELY damaged in shipping (current ratio is about 1 in 200 packages...not bad I think). Damaged parts are a headache and dissapointment for both buyers AND sellers. I try to leave that of the equation.

Initially, I will only be offering Japan Post EMS as a shipping method. EMS shipping to Europe usually takes about 5-7 days after being dispatched. It is the absolute SAFEST form of shipping I have used up-to-date. It IS fairly expensive but, again...it's the quickest and safest method. All items are 100% insured against loss or damage and include online tracking numbers :). I want to give people a chance to get to know me as a trusted member before I start offering the slower/cheaper shipping methods. Offering slower methods from the beginning is a sure fire way to get some members worried that their parts were never mailed...because it takes so long for the packages to arrive. Once the members get a feel for me (once members trust me...I fully realise that it may take some time) I will offer slower/cheaper methods of shipping (Japan Post SAL and Surface mail...very slow, but much cheaper).

Excellent idea though dude! and like i said, i can't see you struggling for custom here in the UK :D

I've actully only had one problem with U.K. customs...when a package of power folding mirrors (quite expensive mirrors...$360 + the S&H) ended up being sent BACK to me. This was because of a lack of phone number on the invoice and the recipient could not be contacted to pick up the items at the post office (I imagine that he needed to pay some kind of fee...not sure, though). This is why I require phone numbers along with all payments. About the 'gift' vs 'merchandise' thing...I feel it's safer to play by the rules for both parties involved. Selling JDM parts is my full time job/only source of income so I have to be sure I'm not setting myself up for any problems in the future, which is why I can't check the 'gift' box of the invoice... :(

...you got any links to the items you are selling?

I was right in the middle of posting a thread in the buy and sell section when I came back to this thread to get the URL...and stayed here to reply real quick. Please check the buy and sell section in about 30 minutes or so (Y)

Excellent replies! thats all i could ever have asked for in a reply!!

Brill!!

Looking forward to dealing with you in the future!!

Matt(Y)

hey there, i am watching you march parts on ebay so i recognise the name,

dont suppose you can get hold of March Cabriolet parts can you?

good luck with the sales, if i had more money i would have it all off you now lol

welcome.

just wondering mate, what was in the engine bay of the impul march...or was it already empty already :)

if its a true impul march, which the vin appears to say it is...there maybe be an impul march ecu, front grill, uprated anti roll bars and exhaust system attached to it...which are a few things you may be able to get some cash for :)

yey glad you got my messages and joined up mate hopefully you will have the armrest center console and the facelift cupholder under the dash on friday as thats when i get paid

...dont suppose you can get hold of March Cabriolet parts can you?

Welcome to the club! :) I may be calling on you for March Cabrio parts too ;)

I haven't come across a Cabriolet yet but if you let me know what parts are wanted I'll see what I can do (pics, or a link to pics would be much appreciated). (Y)

just wondering mate, what was in the engine bay of the impul march...or was it already empty already :)

...there maybe be an impul march ecu, front grill, uprated anti roll bars and exhaust system attached to it...

The engine was still in the vehicle. I don't know if it was running or not as it was double-stacked. I did check for an IMPUL ECU but it was stock. I also checked the springs and sway bars but really couldn't tell if they were stock or IMPUL. The sway bars seemed pretty small (skinny) to me to be aftermarket of any type.

...hopefully you will have the armrest center console and the facelift cupholder under the dash on friday as thats when i get paid

That auction finishes on Wednesday or Thursday. Normally I ask that payment be made in 3 days but am perfectly willing to give a couple of days extension if needed. I just use 3 days as a base.

Thanks all for the warm welcomes!

I haven't come across a Cabriolet yet but if you let me know what parts are wanted I'll see what I can do (pics, or a link to pics would be much appreciated). (Y)

No parts are needed just yet, although I wouldn't cross my fingers for too long lol
Thanks, I will keep you posted! :D

The engine was still in the vehicle. I don't know if it was running or not as it was double-stacked. I did check for an IMPUL ECU but it was stock. I also checked the springs and sway bars but really couldn't tell if they were stock or IMPUL. The sway bars seemed pretty small (skinny) to me to be aftermarket of any type.

ah right, was really just a guess on my part going on nissans prebuilt impul march spec list :D

pretty sure theyd have impul on them somewhere, if they were indeed impul over stock.

do you have any k12 bits

At this point, I'm still in 'K11 mode'...lol. I haven't even started looking into the K12 differences yet so I am unsure what parts are wanted. I DO know where a couple of K12's are located so if there is a list somewhere of JDM parts which are being sought after (with pics) please direct me to it and I'll have a look-see. Thanks.

well i am after the rubber strip that goes around the drivers door, its the rubber seal that is actually on the door and then goes over the top of the door and down the front quarter window. if you could get that, that would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back