A tip off the RAC

K

kjharry

Went out to start the Micra this morning,wouldnt start,first time ever.It would turn over but not start.It was very damp yesterday,in fact it ####ed down but I had no problems with the car then.It was parked for a few hours then I put it away in the garage.This morning as I said,no start so I thought it was damp,gave it a good spray with wd40,still nothing so out with the RAC.When the guy came he went straight to the fuses,pulled out the fuel pump fuse turned the car over a few times,put the fuse back in and the ##### started straight away,turns out it was flooded after me moving it just a few yards into the garage,if I had run it for a minute or so longer it would have been fine.Mr RAC said he gets it all the time on cars with fuel injection,did a year old Audi 80 exactly the same a few days ago.Hope this helps someone else.

Fordy said:
im sure nissan brought out a fix for this?, i will see what i can get tomorrow at work
Yeah I was speaking to micra pete and he informed me they did too, would be interested to fix it as its annoying lol

never had it on my car. mines a 98 Gx so maybe its before 98.

i'd put a switch inline with the fuse ;)

James said:
Yeah this problem plauges the K11
Heh, until I destroyed my gearbox this was the only problem I had in 81k miles other than the traditional noisy timing chain.

strangely I've never suffered from this and I'm constantly moving car off drive to get stuff from back garden so it's a quick reverse then forward, hardcore SuperS and SLX.

my old K11 had this problem when we first had it (parents bought it new) as it was under warranty nissan fitted the loom for free (i think) but i've stil had cold starting issues with it fitted.

Last year it turned out to be my HT leads were weak and this year (the car now being my GF's) it turned out the battery was dead - as i popped in mine and the car failed the very next day on me! LOL

So it might not always be the same problem.

Back