I already paid for and commited to going to the show, chosing to fix this rust 2weeks ahead but as usual the job always ends up bigger than expected.
was determined to do whats neccessary to get the car ready for the big show (maybe only show of the year if covid gets any worse) even if I'd...
the cheap bodyfiller I brought from work was definately old & dried up cos the filler was actually thick like scooping frozen ice cream and very difficult to mix properly.
so this morning I brought some fresh P38 from halfords and wow huge difference. it's much softer like honey and a lot...
I had 500ml tin of base coat plus 4 spraycans but felt this wasn't enough for all the doors & big bonnet & wings,
so this early saturday morning the plan was to go order another 1L of base coat to be sure I had enough, return home to further sand the bonnet & wings before luke arrives on...
welded & smoothed the rear offside door rust patches
for the lower corner, welded the vertical backing plate 1st
and then weld & smooth the curved edge
weld & smoothed the rear nearside door
time to fully strip apart the doors, wirebrush & treat & bodyfill the rust patches
removed all the doors, wings, bonnet, bumpers so that I can wirebrush & rattle can the rear wheel arch, scuttle panel & sills.
then repair the doors & sand all the panels down in preparation to take them all over to Luke on saturday to respray them properly with his spray gun & 500ml tin of...
Daniel in his Audi TT turbo needed a stainless intake pipe making, so here's the original plumbing with the black plastic elbow pipe leading from the MAF down to the turbo inlet
gathered all the stainless materials
trimmed & tacked the pipes together
drilled hole for the breather port...
over the weekend I went to get a whole load of grey paint, white etch primer & laquer and decided to strip apart all her doors to fix all the rust
to remove the rear door window, I lower the window & unbolt the metal divider
the rear 1/4 glass simply swings off
it sat in this groove...
took a covid self test on thursday, eeeks its like shuving a tickly feather down my throat & nose, made me gag & sneeze :sick:🤧 but at least it was negative :)
Friday the next day after work I drove all way up to Hexham to get me 1st Pfizer jab.
overall it was a pleasant experience, friendly...
ducktaped this perspex to the tyre camera mount in an attempt to stiffen support & reduce shaking.
if anything it actually made it shake even more lol
good thing the shakey footage is downsized smaller compared to the stable HD GoPro camera.
went for another sunny weekend drive to test it out 😎
replaced the terribly rusty old bonnet with the spare blue one
kinda looks alright & shinier but really does highlight just how wonky her entire front end is too cos nothing lines up well to the bonnet 😅 🤪
got myself a compact digital oscilliscope which will come handy for electrical diagnosis.
plus a new 17mm impact socket cos the 17mm in my impact socket set was seriously made wonky and would wobble badly
and now this new 17mm spins perfectly centered 😎
decided to paint a subtle red lip...
went for a run after sunset and it worked ok
the long rod zip tied to the bumper obviously vibrates with the engine at low rpm but is fine at high speeds, so I may use a lighter/hollow/big diameter tube to reduce movement.
the dash cam captured the interior shot & tyre cam in 'meh' quality...
had this spare dash cam with a small lightweight reversing camera, which is perfect for filming my front tyre flexing under load.
the CCD inside was wonky by 6deg so I printed this mount which holds it angled on the end of a threaded rod
rod is bolted to the tow bracket and is at the perfect...