• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Zero f**ks given micra build

Hi, I did a newbie intro before I got my micra so I'll just sum up. I got a 1.0l k11 what I assume to be the bog standard model.

The plan is lower, faster, wider, lighter with holes and vents and splitters and diffusers everywhere.. Luckily I have access to all the right tools and no ****s to be given.

That being said my car is no longer stock as I bought it.

First on the list was a diy nismo grill because it looks cool as **** and I'm not paying £70+ for one. The exhaust had snapped off at the back box so it had to go. In its place I've done the logical thing and welded on a temporary side exit using pipe I had knocking around and a tip off of a civic type r back box.

It looked stupid with a side exit and stock ride height so while we had the grinder out we took a few coils off the springs as you do..

Before the outrage begins. The exhaust is temporary I'll eventually knock up a full stainless and the cut springs will be replaced when I've decided on the suspension set up I want to go for that'lol handle the ga16 that will be going in :D

But for now here's a picture of the beater as it currently sits. The reverse rake makes me want to kill stuff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 481
OP
OP
MattJD
This is a not an update update..
With it being on cut springs at the moment the ride is jellytastic so it's going to be the first problem to be sorted.
After limited research and googling Ive decided the alto spring lowering method is the one for me as much as I would like to spaff £700 on coilovers for a car that cost me less than half that.

I am open to correction but from what I've read and the help I've got I'll need rear springs all around from a 1998 alto. And also the rear shocks from a corsa b and the front shock can stay as a micra...

Also has anyone got a link for the ga16 swap? I know the general jist of all but one mount fits but it needs a slight bit of modding and the water pump relocating instead of chopping the chassis leg.

Hopefully I'll have updates when I have money!

OP
OP
MattJD
Another change has been made to the plan of super awesome wide fast micra! But I still have no money but I'm a tease so I'll tell the massive following this thread has....

I'm going for a different suspension setup than the alto springs!:eek: I know it's insane! The reasoning behind this is because I want coilovers. Granted I'm still not forking out for genuine micra ones because all I can find are expensive ones but coilovers none the less!

I'm in decided between the polo or the corsa set up. To be honest I'm still pretty confused what both require but ultimately I want the one that performs the best as I'm going to be driving the car not polishing it and parking up.

Because race car.

OP
OP
MattJD
Another change has been made to the plan of super awesome wide fast micra! But I still have no money but I'm a tease so I'll tell the massive following this thread has....

I'm going for a different suspension setup than the alto springs!:eek: I know it's insane! The reasoning behind this is because I want coilovers. Granted I'm still not forking out for genuine micra ones because all I can find are expensive ones but coilovers none the less!

I'm in decided between the polo or the corsa set up. To be honest I'm still pretty confused what both require but ultimately I want the one that performs the best (reviews and thread links please!) as I'm going to be driving the car not polishing it and parking up.

Because race car.

OP
OP
MattJD
GA16s and coilovers are pretty much all that's going on in my life this week

Unfortunately I'm going to have to be another noob and ask you about both of those things.. But if you have threads link me up brother.

The GA16 I have gathered bits of info on and as far as I'm aware it's drops in pretty fuss free apart from the front engine mount and I'll need a 1.3 gearbox. That's where my knowledge runs out on that but I imagine there's the usual isusse here and there that come with engine swaps?

Coilover wise I want the best handling set up that can handle the engine as cheap as possible :D

h701micra

Deactivated Account
He's right
Standard harsh set is £250 + p&p
Upgraded rate tweaked sets are
£350 + p&p

GA16 wise... I'll answer tomorrow when I'm more awake

OP
OP
MattJD
He's right
Standard harsh set is £250 + p&p
Upgraded rate tweaked sets are
£350 + p&p

GA16 wise... I'll answer tomorrow when I'm more awake

Sounds good. Any thread links? Info or pictures, I like pictures.

All going well you should be getting money off me some time after Christmas.

Hopefully your less tired now and could tell me more about the ga16 :rolleyes:

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Sounds good. Any thread links? Info or pictures, I like pictures.

All going well you should be getting money off me some time after Christmas.

Hopefully your less tired now and could tell me more about the ga16 :rolleyes:
Here's a link
I should add some photos soon
http://www.micra.org.uk/index.php?posts/696639

GA16.. well you can approach the swap in a number of ways.
If you plan on keeping the CG gearbox you will have to say bye bye to the water pump because you have no clearance for it. You'll need to buy an electric water pump and a controller
If you don't like that idea you need to go for custom drive shafts to fit it in properly without modification to the engine. This requires custom mounts too. Both work out the same cost
Downside of the elec water pump, if it fails, you won't know about it

Aa for wiring you can use the GA harness as the CG ecu plugs into it. Or you can use the CG loom if youret prepared to make the modifications to it

OP
OP
MattJD
Here's a link
I should add some photos soon
http://www.micra.org.uk/index.php?posts/696639

GA16.. well you can approach the swap in a number of ways.
If you plan on keeping the CG gearbox you will have to say bye bye to the water pump because you have no clearance for it. You'll need to buy an electric water pump and a controller
If you don't like that idea you need to go for custom drive shafts to fit it in properly without modification to the engine. This requires custom mounts too. Both work out the same cost
Downside of the elec water pump, if it fails, you won't know about it

Aa for wiring you can use the GA harness as the CG ecu plugs into it. Or you can use the CG loom if youret prepared to make the modifications to it

Thank you sir work shall begin when funds come in o_O

OP
OP
MattJD
In other news! I forgot to mention another insane mod I have done. I've advanced the timing so you can imagine things are getting pretty serious. I was going to retard it for pops and bangs but I think the police will have enough reason to pull me over at the minute anyway.

I need to post a picture of the side exit and the car in the light.

OP
OP
MattJD
Today some more car **** went down. I got a few pictures but some I'll have to take in the daylight because it was dark by the time we were finished, waiting on my mate to turn up with a drill.

As I have cut springs I needed to stop the rear springs falling out so we did this...

We welded in some plates to strengthen up to floor, driledl through the centre and put in some bolts with a loop on the end through the underneath of the car. Some straps are going to be put through the loop and around the axle.

Also things escalated quickly so we stripped it out kind of due to setting the back bench on fire Because of the side exit I the exhaust hole in the bumper was annoying me so I decided to do a bumper cut but I'll put pictures of all this when I have time and daylight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 405
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 371
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 388
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 372
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 399
OP
OP
MattJD
All dis' cutting, welding when you could have just put Polo coilovers on the rear o_O

This is true but it's only temporary poor person mods until I scrape together the cash to buy coilovers off of @h710micra.

Cutting and welding is fun too! I like the accomplishment of "yeah I built that" apposed to yeah I bolted that on haha

h701micra

Deactivated Account
This is true but it's only temporary poor person mods until I scrape together the cash to buy coilovers off of @h710micra.

Cutting and welding is fun too! I like the accomplishment of "yeah I built that" apposed to yeah I bolted that on haha
I can send your coilovers in kit form for you to build :p

But I get what you mean :)

OP
OP
MattJD
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg Had the day off work today so I thought I best crack on and finish the straps for around my axle.

I jacked the car up at the rear until the point of the springs just starting to feel loose and then sized up my straps and got on with making them.

I used a seatbelt I was donated to make the straps, just pulled it through the loop put it around the axle so the 2 end of the belt met then just put a dirty big nut and bolt through where they overlapped with washers either side of the belt.

It was a pretty easy job but I felt like I was going to die at any moment as I only has a scissor jack holding the car up.

When the car is sat at its "normal" height now the straps are slack but when it's jacked up the springs are still captive and won't fall out which was kind of the whole purpose of this.

I took it out for a test drive and I was pretty surprised the effect it had on body roll and the bouncing around like a **** is reduced a lot when going over bumps.

All in all I'm rather pleased with this pikey mod.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 331
OP
OP
MattJD
I don't really know how I've managed to mess up that post its a pain in the arse to do this on my phone but you get the idea of what's gone down.

Here's my bumper cut too, not the neatest job but I'm not fussed I don't see it haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 346

Clodo

Club Member
I don't really know how I've managed to mess up that post its a pain in the arse to do this on my phone but you get the idea of what's gone down.

Here's my bumper cut too, not the neatest job but I'm not fussed I don't see it haha.

Ahhh yeah :p
1417258186880.jpg

I like this thread :) x

OP
OP
MattJD
Alas the time has come after much inactivity the micra is off the road and due to go to that scrap heap in the Sky. Now to plan the next car I'm going to ruin :)