wont start :-(

hi all, tonight my 2004 micra failed to start turned the key and nothing, done some digging on the net and c that the ignition switch is a common fault, was thinking about replacing this as its a cheap place to start, had a look and cant c how u release the barrel to get the switch from it, there does look like a pin that runs through the barrel but im unsure if this is what releases it, its about an inch from the end, hope this makes sense guys!
appreciate the help!
den

hi Chas, yes much to my surprise the starter motor had packed in, prior to this it didn't show any of the usual signs this was going to happen, on top of that the barrel has developed a problem which I haven't resolved yet, I did try replacing the ignition switch before doing all this as I believe its a common problem, I'm now starting the car by putting the key in the problem barrel then start the car by turning the ignition switch with a screwdriver, currently trying to source a barrel and two keys so I can get them programmed, hope this makes sense and you get off lighter than I did.

Ouch, sounds expensive! It's just a wee runaround for my daughter. 1st car and still learning so a real pain in the *** if she stalls and it doesn't restart. One thing I know know is that the car is light enough for her to push lol.....

The Nissan garage want £75+ vat to diagnose the problem which seems a bit steep ....Hope you get yours fixed soon.......

Back