Wiper Arm!!!!!!!

2005 Micra.
It got a new wiper motor about 4 years ago.
The same garage adjusted the n/s wiper arm last year as it seemed to be going slightly too far over and hitting the n/s trim. It's now doing it again. Its nothing terrible, just anoying.
For the life of me I can't get the arm off to adjust it. I have used WD 40, pulled, wriggled, yanked and with the nut on top of the spindle tapped with a hammer.
Are extractors really needed here, or am I missing something?
Thanks for any help.
Steve

2005 Micra.
It got a new wiper motor about 4 years ago.
The same garage adjusted the n/s wiper arm last year as it seemed to be going slightly too far over and hitting the n/s trim. It's now doing it again. Its nothing terrible, just anoying.
For the life of me I can't get the arm off to adjust it. I have used WD 40, pulled, wriggled, yanked and with the nut on top of the spindle tapped with a hammer.
Are extractors really needed here, or am I missing something?
Thanks for any help.
Steve

Okay. I got the thing off by supporting the arm and hitting the loose nut with a hammer. I tried to adjust it on the splines, but one click of the spline moves the arm over too far.
Two new wipers on now. The wiper is still belting the bottom trim, but only on full belt with the engine running and loads of revs.
Anybody????????????????

Mine does same ever since i took my arms off and sprayed them,jus dont think they ever go back on the same once removed,could always just lift them one notch on the spindle

Mine does same ever since i took my arms off and sprayed them,jus dont think they ever go back on the same once removed,could always just lift them one notch on the spindle

One notch seems to send the end of the arm about 3 inches too far over!
I dunno what to do now except to get the garage to try at MOT time.

Ah I feel the same pain.. I can't use the wiper in full blast coz it keeps on hitting both side.. Really annoying.. Am gonna tackle that over Christmas holidays.

Ah I feel the same pain.. I can't use the wiper in full blast coz it keeps on hitting both side.. Really annoying.. Am gonna tackle that over Christmas holidays.

Good luck!
Like I said, the wiper motor is about 4 years old. I put new blades on but the problem is just the same.
Chris could be correct in that once taken off they never go back on the same way.
I'm 1/2 way to giving up on the job :-(

One tip to try,remove the arms,put the wipers on one cycle,let them park then refit. Only found that tip yesterday after fixing mums astra wiper linkage

the arms are,nt notched on most cars (just the shafts, and it leaves a faint impression of the notches inside the arm taper ), so you can fit it at any angle you want

One tip to try,remove the arms,put the wipers on one cycle,let them park then refit. Only found that tip yesterday after fixing mums astra wiper linkage

Yes, I'll have another crack at it.
Thanks

Back