Where's this from please?

Can someone let me know if this is off my car. I'd been working on it and when I reversed away found this. Now it wasn't there before I started. It may have fallen off as I removed something but I can't see what. Cheers guys.

From the size I'm going to say no, I can't remember seeing anything like that underneath...

a quick thought that came into my head is, it could be the little piece on rubber off the back engine mount ? its ok if it is so no need to worry :)
Ah could be. Was messing with the engine mounts to check them. Where does it go with regards the rear mount. Which side of the mount I mean. I love these forums. There's always ppl to help you out.

maybe the large washer at the end of the gear selector/rear mount through bolt? check the nut hasn't loosened off too, this happened to me before and causes a knocking noise during on/off throttle as the engine rocks back forth.

#19 in this pic

1403900023008.png

http://nissan4u.com/parts/micra/el_k11e/1998_1/type_40/power_train/transmission_control_and_linkage/

Thanks for the info. It's not that large washer. That one you mentioned is about an inch metal one. I'm pretty sure it goes on one side of the rear engine mount the one that I have.

it looks like flexible rubber?
Yes the one I have is flexible rubber. I've just had a look under the car and item 19 is a shaped metal washer. I now believe this rubber piece goes next to the engine mounting itself. I'll re fit it when it's not so damp and wet. I'm a dry weather mechanic. Haha. Thanks for all your info though guys.

i,ve never seen a rubber washer there personally, and its way too thin for an engine mount imo
Not for a mount itself just next to it. Next time I go to the scrapyard ill have a nosey. May not even be off the car. There's a couple of late face lifts so ill just have a check.

if its rubber then I don't think it's from the car (must be a rogue bit someone dropped), never removed a rubber piece that large from mine before.

that large washer piece u just posted is the same pressed metal washer part #19 on mine.

the purpose of the end washer is to retain n prevent the gear selector bar from slipping off the inner metal bush.

Item 19 is not part of the gear selector bar. It's the support bar from the rear mount. The rear engine mount bolt goes through that also. It runs adjacent to the selector bar.

The auto rear mount is the same as the manual, just like the driveshafts, it's just the pre-facelift 1.0 that has different stuff. And that rubber piece is from the rear mount, almost all Micras i saw had them, it goes on the side of the mount.

The auto rear mount is the same as the manual, just like the driveshafts, it's just the pre-facelift 1.0 that has different stuff. And that rubber piece is from the rear mount, almost all Micras i saw had them, it goes on the side of the mount.
And so endeth the lesson on small rubber disks and engine mounts. Cheers guys.

Back