where to find aero parts in Aus?

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
just wondering if theres any companies that make aero parts for the micra in australia?

Kits, or front lips?
how hard is it to find a super S front? do nissan still sell them new?

im thinking of something along the lines of these...
this first one im pretty sure is a stock front bar with aero lip shaped into it.
002.jpg

008.jpg

04-big.jpg

sorry if this has been covered...
but im ever so close to owning one of these beasts!
yiew!

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
The bodykits i have seen at Micra meetings have usually been entirely custom made or were originally a kit from another car that has been modified to fit. Unfortunately, very little is available in Australia for the Micra.

You would probably need to import from overseas... For example this place has some bodykits.
http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=5&car=87&middlesmall=&maker=&volkey=

A site member recently made a cool looking front spoiler for their micra from a Hyundai Getz one i think.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Yeah I did the getz front lip (as did tictac before I did), though it's pretty bland compared to what could be... (referring to the kits above). I've taken mine off for now as it was a pain to get it on and off the car ramps.

There was a set of skirts, proper front lip and bumper on an LX or SLX at a nissan wreckers down here, but they were wanting ridiculous money for the parts (knowing they can capitalise on the fact that there's so few around).

Would love a kit like the black one though.

Edit: Damn that stuff at japanparts is crazy expensive.

---dens

smidge

» CMF Member
dens want to sell your getz skirt?

i'm using bluebird side skirts and super S rear bar on mine

no luck on a front bar but not too worried really... any bar looks good with a big FMIC behind it :D

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
yeah, i was just aiming for that first one...

there are quite a few kits attainable from japan thats not overly hard to get but i was just wondering otherwise... theres a few bodyshops in aust that make kits for cars you wouldnt think they would do (like one place makes air dams for ke70's and r31's etc... sorta random i guess)

ill be getzing a getz lower lip when i get my micra untill i find a front lip or build one i like.

just rather not pay a huge premium importing one.

Back