what is the name of the pearlescent orange you get in k11's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snoops

what is the name of the pearlescent orange you get in k11's? the reason I ask is because i accidentally knocked into a friends k11 in a pearlescent type orange colour, he needs a new back bumper and says it is £400 per litre of paint in this colour, is this true?

lewic

Ex. Club Member
Hmm... Must be that rare Nissan option of platinum-gold alloy with pure cocaine scratch-n-sniff finish. Tell him to bog off, and doesnt he know black goes with everything!

richarda

Ex. Club Member
look in the engine bay, at the back near the top suspention mount there is a silver plate that has all the details on including paint number. get that and ring up nissan

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
that paint is expensive 400 sounds about right same sort of price as the limited edition primera p11 gt's paint, respraying it to match the rest of the car will be hard and it will never look 100% matched again

OP
OP
S

snoops

:( does anyone know where i can get a back bumper in this colour?

Ems

Ex. Club Member
You won't find one unless theres a k11 being broken. Quite rare if you ask me. I've only seen a couple of these colours about! Is the knock that bad? Do you really need to re-spray the whole bumper?

OP
OP
S

snoops

yep his rear bumper is cracked so he needs a new bumper in that colour

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Oooooh. Thats not good. The best thing you can do is phone around and find out the diff prices available. Also keep an eye out on e-bay for a cheap new bumper which sometimes appear.

On another note, get the paint code colour and take it down to halfords and ask how much it is to mix up, they do flip paint and may be able to match it for cheaper if your lucky.

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
micra mystique are rare as straight drag queens.

seriously i seen one bein broke on ebay not so long ago but i doubt they will ever be one on there again :|

Oooooh. Thats not good. The best thing you can do is phone around and find out the diff prices available. Also keep an eye out on e-bay for a cheap new bumper which sometimes appear.

On another note, get the paint code colour and take it down to halfords and ask how much it is to mix up, they do flip paint and may be able to match it for cheaper if your lucky.

You wont get it from halfrauds as theres only one manufacturer of this paint in the world and nissan no longer sell it. There are a couple of companies that still sell it in this country though. try Lechler on 01606 738600 guessing it will be cheaper than £400 a litre though

OP
OP
S

snoops

yep i gave lechler a call, they said they only do distribution so they gave me the number of alocal distributor who said ill only need 500ml and thats £150

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Lol, so how come 1l is £400? when two lots of 500ml is £300!

James

Chairman
Lol, so how come 1l is £400? when two lots of 500ml is £300!
I think the £400 was just a guess.

The official name, in case they didn't tell you, is Chromaflair. I saw a Mystique last week, I was quite shocked!

I also own the Micra pictured and have lots of close friends who work for a Nissan dealer, hense buying one for cheaper servicing ect. Have had a prick try to steal her recently and damaged the passengers front door so I'm trying my hardest to find someone breaking one. Yes the aztec chromaflair paint cost £400 a litre. Please contact me if anyone knows of the mentioned door for sale.

micramac

Deactivated Account
Hmm... Must be that rare Nissan option of platinum-gold alloy with pure cocaine scratch-n-sniff finish. Tell him to bog off, and doesnt he know black goes with everything!

with pure cocaine scratch-n-sniff finish - hahaha lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.