Very Usefull HPI Check Info *Best read if buying used!* possible sticky?

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
well after going to look an IMMACULATE '00 'W' plate clio, me & my mam where overwhelemd at this gem for a tidy £1000! now the lass said she payed £2800 from a used car dealer around 6 months ago. So we rang a family friend who is a mechanic and my mam, mech and the lass agreed to have the car checked on ramps as the mech said tonight "a grand for a 2000 clio? sounds to good to be true!"

Anyways, i mentioned HPI to my mam and she instatly agreed, so i goes on RAC.com, pays me £5 and lone behold, it was a CAT D WRITE OFF as of the 17/01/2003.!!!!!!!

im amazed!!! and tbh, so is the poor lass when i rang her and told her!!! if i were her, ide be back down the dealer i got it at and kick up a right stink!!!!

also, she said its had 2 owners.....no no....HPI says 5.......

just thought ide mention this brilliant system to people looking spending a few quid on a new motor!

i really really really wanna keep incontact with the seller, and go see the pilgrim who sold her it,just becouse im amazed!!!! anywho, pics below! :D

datacheck-1.jpg

There's nothing wrong with write offs though..... as long as it was repaired. The dealer wasn't smart though, lying like that.

must be more to it because a cat D repair is nothing really. why was the car dropped £1800 over 6 months thats a big loss plus the car must have had 4 mot`s on it since it was repaired.i know i would deffo buy a cat d even c repair car there well worth it can save you loads of money ( DONT YAS WATCH FROM WRECKS TO RICHES )

Also it does say repiarable, and its only a cat d. Inusurance companies tend to write off cars even if they arn't that badly damaged. Hence why u can get some good deals at srappies!

I saw my fiesta on the road after I wrote it off. With old cars it's like insurance companies don't even care. They take your money and give you nothing back. All it needed was a new headlight and steering lock.

The worst write off I ever saw was a new golf with 3 miles on the clock and it was properly crushed, so was the owner I should think.

well we still getting tested by our mech and if its been repaired properly and is safe, we getting a hell of a bargin! the reason its dropped is she failed her test for the 5th time last week and shes gave up!

I have been to see many cars that are HPI clear but when you get close to them and inspect them......which I hope everyone does anyway as a matter of course, (helps that I am a surveyor anyways), you wouldn't touch them with a 10ft pole. Not everyone goes via an insurer for repairs.

Back