very new to this

hi peeps i am very new to the site and the whold driving thing.
Thought i would say hi to you all and ask for a little help. i have recently come into ownership of a 2001 micra s. the car itself is wicked the problem is however is that there is no power under the hood (1.0 litre engine) so can anybody sugest an changes that i can make to the car to add a little more power? and i must say i am no mecanic i can just about fill up the screenwash but any helpyou all can offer would be great.

welcome to the wonderful world that is micra enjoy your stay fella and your search button is your friend as it has been asked so many times

all looks great and impressive. but if i add an air induction kit to my k11 will it make a big differance or just look pretty o my engine?

with it only being a 1.0 it wont make a major differance if any at all think it will just make a noise rather than anything mate

prob a full sports exhaust system (janspeed do one), maybe a decat aswell,airfilter, camshafts, remap, bike carbs, throttle bodies etc

even lightned flywheel will make it rev more freely! the possiblities are endless if you have the time and are willing to learn

For a few quick modifications. You could add a new air filter; it will make it a little more louder but the throttle response is indeed much better, I'm not sure if this is a matter of opinion but to me with vehicles I've had previously, putting an aftermarket air filter with a long arm to reduce engine soak does give better throttle response. Next you could add a Janspeed manifold.

There are other people who make a manifold to fit the Micra engine; I would recommend you to refer to the Micra FAQ section. This is perhaps the single best modification you could make that doesn't sacrifice a certain amount of money and time. You could also de-cat your car (remove the catalytic converter(s)) and replacing them with Janspeed full exhaust systems or perhaps JUST replace the converter with a direct straight through pipe replacement.

problem is, there is no cheap way to make a car go faster, and there is no performance mod for dummies. if you don't know what you are doing you will have to take it to someone who does.

if you want to make it quicker you will need money. you need to think about the effect it has on the insurance as well as the cost of the parts and fitting them. also if you go for too much power you will start to find the car unreliable.

but the quickest and cheapest way to get extra power is to fit the 1.3 engine, as its a straight swap. obviously you would have to find an engine and someone who can do this. thats not really something we can help you with here you will have to find someone local to you

yes, but you carnt map facelift k11's. you would need to swap the loom & ecu to a prefacelift one as they are mappiable as they dont have nats.

For a few quick modifications. You could add a new air filter; it will make it a little more louder but the throttle response is indeed much better, I'm not sure if this is a matter of opinion but to me with vehicles I've had previously, putting an aftermarket air filter with a long arm to reduce engine soak does give better throttle response. Next you could add a Janspeed manifold.

There are other people who make a manifold to fit the Micra engine; I would recommend you to refer to the Micra FAQ section. This is perhaps the single best modification you could make that doesn't sacrifice a certain amount of money and time. You could also de-cat your car (remove the catalytic converter(s)) and replacing them with Janspeed full exhaust systems or perhaps JUST replace the converter with a direct straight through pipe replacement.

That FAQ bit is great, not seen it before, and still can't seem to find a way to it without using your link.

yes, but you carnt map facelift k11's. you would need to swap the loom & ecu to a prefacelift one as they are mappiable as they dont have nats.

Oh right. I didn't know that :blush:

If you were intent on creating a fast 1l, as a technical exercise, then there's many a thing which require money, time, and mechanical knowledge to complete.

If you just wanna go faster, then wump a 1.3 in like nex suggested.

if its a 2001 wont it be the 1.4 ? to fit the 1.3 means striping it back to a shell full rewire (looms) and to avoid the dreaded nats kicking in useing pre 95 looms and ecu, it took me a full 7 days to do mine http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=28337 So paying to have this mod done would cost a fortune, best bet look for a 2001 1.4 engine then its just a days work

if its a 2001 wont it be the 1.4 ? to fit the 1.3 means striping it back to a shell full rewire (looms) and to avoid the dreaded nats kicking in useing pre 95 looms and ecu, it took me a full 7 days to do mine http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=28337 So paying to have this mod done would cost a fortune, best bet look for a 2001 1.4 engine then its just a days work

well spotted, that means hes ######ed cos getting a 1.4 is going to be very difficult

Real, easy way to get power out of a 1.0

If you don't mind the extra fuel cost rev it a lot higher, I don't change up til around 6000rpm, around 3500rpm when most people change up there is a big surge of power which carries on up to almost 6000.
If you drive a 1.0 how you are taught on your driving test it will seem to be lacking in power

things peaople do to thir cars,
1. Induction kit - no real performance mainly sound
2. Janspeed manifold - allows for more flowing exhaust gases and power increase is not massive. Can also combine this with a janspeed centre section and back box for a full kit.
3. lowering springs - cheapest way to lower your car best value for money imo unless you want extreme handling and there are better kits out there.
4. alloy wheels - i wouldnt go bigger than 15"
5. Gtir calipers and discs for better braking - they are quite heavey but produce a good stopping power.
6. upgrade interior/parts to one of the top modle micra's - SR , Super S or SI and the goodies that they have.

its never going to be fast like 1.6 /2.0 fast unless you chuck lots of money at it. But you can make it look and sound good:)

Back