Under seat storage jammed

although it's never happened with mine, I think that it can get jammed on the tab if it gets caught in between the box and the metal frame the box sits in.
thus you can't pull the tab to release the catch holding the seat pad down.

I think if you tilt the back of the seat forward as far as you can, it should free up the gap enough to wiggle the tab free and release the seat base... (you sit on the back seat or go in from the rear passenger door on a 5 door model ;))

unless you have the locking box (usually do if a C+C) in which case I have no idea :oops:

Unfortunately mine is the C+C , I havew tried locking / unlocking the car but the seat will still not open

okay, in that case the only suggestion I have is to make sure that you're not in "Anti-hijack" mode...

If you unlock the car, with the fob, and can't open the passenger door , without pressing the keyless entry button (where fitted) or clicking the fob twice,
then you're in "anti-hijack" mode.
...to put the car into "Convenience mode" hold down both the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for about 10-15 seconds, you should now be able to open the passenger door

with any luck this will allow the seat to be opened.. *Fingers Crossed*
if not...double check your owners manual (that hopefully came with the car) or give a Nissan dealer a call ;)

Back