track micra :D

thanks mate :),,its on a slight pause as the frost and snow has arrived trying to get a few bits done with the road car for its nct before i concentrate on the track car,, mainly want it welded :p

started some head work well got it stripped :p

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

2 small baffles in the sump :)
104.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

110.jpg

112.jpg

114.jpg

121.jpg

123.jpg

and the block and sump all painted up :)
124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

thats the bosses welding :p
and the inlet mani all down to size and ready for itb's :D
108.jpg

109.jpg

wont be any progress next week as i have to take the gearbox out of a pro drive built group N rally impreza :grinning:

wheres the back window gone? is that for weight saving? lol

Hw long til the GA is running lad? you should sign up on INOC.ie! It's a Irish Nissan owners club

il be going plexi glass :p

the GA is being rebuilt soon i got valve seals just need to cut the valve seats and get a head gasket ,then save for an ecu :p

il give that site a quick look now :)

two baffles coming in either side about 35mm and angled slightly up so when cornering hard it keeps oil down near the pick up pipe to prevent oil starvation :)

Can't wait to see the finished product, definitely subscribing to this! Good luck with the build, hope it all goes well (Y)

looks sick frank what benifits/ or gains would this give ??? and are they a straight swap ??? thanks for pics frank :laugh:

they,re basicly shorter chris, and need a bit of modding (baguete has some info in one of his blogs)
and they,re still fairly comfortable, tho my misses complains about the lack of comfort every time she gets in it fwn

ah i wouldve thought that some changes would have had to have been made, comforts not an issue in my mind would gladly lose a couple teeth a run to the shops :p cheers frank (again)

Finally an update people
car is in for seam welding and a cage :)
head work almost done except for valve stem seals
photos can talk there not in order but you get the idea :)
IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

IMAG0293.jpg

Been at the road car a bit too so heres my other baby
IMAG0281.jpg

anyone want to guess the weight of the micra shell including doors bootlid and bonnet :) i have the exact weight :)

Still welding seams and doing some rust repair , has anyone on here done any wishbone mods too add castor ? and picking places to gut more weight out of the shell 750 odd kg target with the driver :)

This project is now for sale due to extreme changes in life sorry to have to back out of the project but its a must :( offers, location; westmeath Ireland

Back