Throttle Position Sensor Adjustment

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
Would appreciate input from people who have experience of this. The throttle position switch on the throttlebody; if it isn't adjusted quite right, can/does it cause a dead-spot on the throttle?
If there is anyone that has experience with setting-up k11 throttle bodies (and doubtless there are many), any info from them with regards to adjusting them correctly would be cool.

Cheers guys, just that we have three k11's in the family which i very rarely drive but when i do it useually the same one, which goes really well. I drove the other two at the weekend to see how they were running, and they were terrible. Dead-spot as soon as i toutched the throttle, they need plenty of rpm before they'll even move from a stop. And once they're moving there is very little pick-up.
So i parked the three side by side and just eye-balled the throttle bodies and distributors, you know comparing the two slugs with the good one, the dizzy's are set the same on all three but the throttle position switches are clearly not. Which is what led me to think along those lines.

I don't suppose there is an air mixture adjusting screw that i can check? Throttle bodies are unfamiliar territory for me, i don't usually deal with them other than the infamous soldering fault every now and then. I'm more of a carb person, old-school baby :laugh:

Job Done

Finally got the job done, i adjusted the throttle position switch and altered the timing today, it was over-retarded by a fair way. Sounds a lot healthier now, a nice smooth constant idle and no dead-spot. Very keen to pull away from a stop now too which is a welcome change from the previously wheezy performance.
Thanks for the help dudes (Y)

Back