Thinking of buying a 04 plate k12 with 83000 on the clock

What should I look out for when Buying a second hand k12 04 plate with 83000 on the clock. I know power steering can be a common fault as this went on my last k12 and was an expensive repair. Would hate to buy this one and the PS light come on after a month of owning. Thanks for any help

i bought 2 weeks ago a 04 plate too with 76500 on the clock the problems i got was that i needed a new clutch set as i could hear some noises also look the condition of tyres and breaks and electrical stuff. i had problems with rear lights too not blinking right but it was an easy fix :p

Problems are endless with these cars. Renault Clio Engine. Had power steering problems twice replaced using BBA Reman, diesel injectors blocked up couldn't start , now heater blowing luke warm. twice had to replace the modified relays as was giving starting problems and cutting off whilst driving. bulbs go very easily because of plastic housing. Mine is 54 plate 1.5 DCi. Bonnet badge fell off somewhere, had to replace. SRS airbag keeps showing problem - passenger seat. Failed MOT because of it - yet the circuit is complete and have to reset it constantly. bought a diagnostic tool to do so. Problems as I said are endless. I wouldn't buy one again in the future. Hope it helps.

Unclip the the front grills and check the bumper bar,had to replace mine this year due to corrosion,and this is what the tow eye screws into at the front,other than that the usual stuff applies for checking :)

The air bag light is an easy self fix,its usually just dirt on one of the connectors. Never taken mine apart to check,just follow the reset procedure and dont see it again for months.

Back