theving little gits

Mat.T

Ex. Club Member
On sat morning i went down to my car to go get some shopping, when i got closer to it i noticed the door pins were up. Strange as i always double check it. Then i noticed the remains of my wiring harness hanging out of a empty hole in my dash. Some one had made off with my head unit and to make matters worse they took my Black sabbath cd too. It turns out that five other cars had also been done that night, only head units taken nothing else (they left my speakers, tacho and other stuff). The car was parked in a well lit studanty area of coventry. I wish people like this would get a life, the value of my radio couldn't have been any more than a fiver (second hand quality goodmans) why bother :mad:

on one of the other forums im on, there was a post about people driving up to peoples cars late at night, writing down what was in, then coming back a few nights later, apparently doing multimple cars, something bout to order to - i.e. someone says i want such and such a HU then they go and find a car with one in and then steal it - SCUM

ive often thought about putting some device in the headunit, that only i know about ( as alot of HU these days have alot of space) if the power is disconnected, and re-connected in a way other than only I know then the device explodes. totally distroying it :)

I feel something like that may land me in trouble though...

Ed

i had sunvisor monitors and a ps2 to go into my car and as soon as people knew someone tryed my car and to make it worse the monitors and the ms2 wherte in my bedroom. i sold them and am not doin anything to my car and the car dosnt feel the same anymore :down:

Thinking about my idea more, a charge from an airbag would work really well... they are tiny.. I should stop this now..

LOL hahaha I would probably be arrested for being a terrorist. If they were holding it and tested it they would end up with no hands left. (A good thing imo) but not worthy of a prison sentence from my point of view!! hahaha.

my mates car got screwed, he took everything out and didnt even get the door repaired so you cn pop his lock just by sticking your key in the gap and fiddling - Ed you would get sued big style

I know - sad isnt it. Would almost be worth it though knowing that the guy who nicked my radio (should that happen) had no hands left though... hahaha

Sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to my car too mate. Really not a nice feeling to have to go through. I would have loved to have found the people who did it though!!! gr I'm not a violent lad but I would have had more than a few words to say to them thats for sure. Best thing to do is just get as much security as you can, its stupid to have to do that though really just cos of some scummers who need blowing up... Ed you're insane, I like your thinking though hehe. ;)

Ed said:
LOL hahaha I would probably be arrested for being a terrorist. If they were holding it and tested it they would end up with no hands left. (A good thing imo) but not worthy of a prison sentence from my point of view!! hahaha.

id still do it as they shouldnt steal it in the first place. u
you could always make so that paint comes out like when they steal money from a bank.........would ruin interior,
haha

Hugh, that IS a Good idea. you could fill the radio with a harsh die. When plugged back in it pops the bag and it pours into the car. I like that. Thats very cool.

Ed

i was thinkin this a while ago...
when the hu is pulled out a cable attaced to the back pulls on a pin under both front seats and a spike is relesed upward, hard then vibrates and an alarm goes off...

it would rip the thief a new a**hole

:)

Ed said:
Thinking about my idea more, a charge from an airbag would work really well... they are tiny.. I should stop this now..
As far as I'm aware they don't detonate, they just produce a lot of gas in a fraction of a second (akin to deflagration) so it's kind of like gunpowder without the fire. Sadly, I don't think it'd blow the radio apart unless it was almost sealed but it'd make a hell of a bang.

My take on that idea is far more vindictive :devil: Put an incendiary device in with a short timer fuse; someone plugs it into there car and a little while later the inside of the dashboard bursts into flames... taking the car with it. At this point my concience chimes in with somet' about the buyer not knowing their taking bent goods...

mean micra said:
i was thinkin this a while ago...
when the hu is pulled out a cable attaced to the back pulls on a pin under both front seats and a spike is relesed upward, hard then vibrates and an alarm goes off...

it would rip the thief a new a**hole

:)

:D LMFAO!! :D best idea so far

but what happend to the good old car alarm? and wake up when you here it,piking bat up on way to check it out,and proceed to give chase down the road after him/her ,,,works every time

my dads alarm was goin off for 30mins and no one in my house heard till a neighbour knocked on the door and the dog barked. teach him for leaving money on the seat tho, and the window open enough for someone to put they hand in and open the door

RIK said:
:D LMFAO!! :D best idea so far

but what happend to the good old car alarm? and wake up when you here it,piking bat up on way to check it out,and proceed to give chase down the road after him/her ,,,works every time
Then they stab you with a knife.

Dusk said:
Then they stab you with a knife.

i dont know about you mate,,but wer i come from bats are longer than a knife

take one good swing and they wont get back up :D

Have some kind of charge which detonates above both doors - something loud enough to make your ears ring and deteriorate the thief. (like a firework going off next to you) They'l be physically ok, but probably rolling around on the floor, dizzy as hell, not having a clue where they are or what just happened.

Also, i believe its ok to have all the devices described above in your car as long as you display a warning. Typical UK laws favour the criminals, so just stick a sticker on your door saying there is a dangerious security device installed - do not enter - you should be ok then!

I saw a car fitted with flamethrowers by both doors so in the even of a hijacking at traffic lights, they can press a button and torch the person trying to get the door open. I've got anti hijack but its not that spectacular!

RIK said:
i dont know about you mate,,but wer i come from bats are longer than a knife
take one good swing and they wont get back up :D
Yeah, okay - keep up those home-runs dawg.
If they broke into your car, they sure as hell took a screwdriver etc with them. Id rarther get hit 3 times with a bat by you, than stabbed ONCE by someone with a screwdriver.

Oh and plus, if i broke into your car, if your bat so much as touched me, id ring the police - 999 right there. As i can almost garuntee youd be the one in the crap.

Hail Polictical Correctness!

hughes_16v said:
thank you, production starts tomorrow
Heh heh heh grr It'd be even better if it foamed so that it covered more :laugh:
Dusk said:
Oh and plus, if i broke into your car, if your bat so much as touched me, id ring the police - 999 right there. As i can almost garuntee youd be the one in the crap.
There was a thing about this on ITV, although it covered people breaking into ur house so I'm fuzzy on how it would apply to ur car. It went through a series of scenarios of someone braying a burglar with a golf club with a short discussion afterwards where some chief copper went "Yep, that's fine." to everyone's surprise. Basically, cracking someone with a bat/golf club/zimmer frame/(or for the most laughs) frying pan is fine if they break into ur house; u don't even have to challenge them, u can just creep up behind them and smack 'em. The very fact that they're in ur house is legally presents enough of a threat to u to justify force. Knives and guns seem to be a bit of a no-no, though :( The bit of the program I found the most interesting is the scenario where the burglar grabs somet' and sets off out of the house before the householder can whack (in whatever sense u prefer) him, so the householder gives chase and smacks him down the street a bit. To my (and the presenters') surprise the cop watches this and goes "Yep." 'cos it's quite legit to use reasonable (for which I read 'cricket bat') force to stop someone getting away with ur property. Another intersting point was that in some of the scenarios the burglar dies 'cos he smacked over the head so hard; this is perfectly alright as long as it is clear that ur intention was not to kill the mofo (i.e. u cracked him with a golf club rather than an axe). The usual thing about self defence/assault applies- once the mofo is subdued/on the ground then continuing to bray him constitutes assault with an offensive weapon 'cos he's no longer a threat to u.

i watched that program too. i suppose if someone is breaking into your car and you just bang on the window they tend to run off anyway!so no need to chase them

Back